• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Metroid Prime Federation Force?

User Info: ArcadianVyse

ArcadianVyse
4 days ago#1
Love it or hate it and why? And did it deserve the hate. Also please include a 1-10 score for it. Its 16 bucks for a retail copy nowadays.
Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil.
Matthew 6:34 NABRE

User Info: 21_21

21_21
4 days ago#2
Hate it. I'm still salty ever since they released the trailer to this day.
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei IV, Project X Zone 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses
Damn, NISA got ToCS III!? I'm scared now!

User Info: Blue_Metroid

Blue_Metroid
4 days ago#3
Solid game. Gets more crap than it deserves.

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
4 days ago#4
Hidden gem of a game.
Tons of content.
Actually very well done, except for a few glitches here and there, which is shameful, but expected from Non-Iwata Nintendo.

Of course it's designed for coop, which means it's not a single player Metroid game.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
4 days ago#5
Played through it solo and quite enjoyed it. 8/10. I agree that it gets way too much hate.
Upcoming: Luigi's Mansion 3, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, DOOM Eternal

User Info: MDS2005

MDS2005
4 days ago#6
21_21 posted...
Hate it. I'm still salty ever since they released the trailer to this day.
Cats.

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
3 days ago#7
Excellent multiplayer game, decent metroid spinoff solo game, would love to see a sequel that improves on its gameplay further or have it ported to switch. The hate was never warranted it's just factually not a bad game (not a drop dead amazing game either it's just firmly good). Its only crime if you can even call it is coming out during a metroid drought...and not even really that severe a drought.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
1 day ago#8
This is a case where brand recognition adversely affected public perception and appeal. They should have avoided calling it Metroid and maybe just casually placed it in the Metroid universe with Samus and Metroid easter eggs. They were going for some weird chibi-like aesthetic, which doesn't make anyone think of Metroid or the Federation. They also shoehorned in weird excuses to make large mechs seem like they were needed in the middle of the Metroid timeline. It's a strange tangent of a plot that just would have been better off in some other galaxy.

The actual game is fine, but good luck finding anyone that wants to play it with you, and it's designed entirely around co-op play.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!
Despite the backlash, probably the best (pre-swit h) handheld multiplayer FPS ever made.

Solid game singleplayer but man it's a damn quality game with friends.
Now Playing: Resident Evil 7, Demon's Crest, Resident Evil Revelaitons 2, FF9, Breath of Fire
Last beat: Luminous Avenger iX

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
1 day ago#10
JonnyBoyFF posted...
This is a case where brand recognition adversely affected public perception and appeal. They should have avoided calling it Metroid and maybe just casually placed it in the Metroid universe with Samus and Metroid easter eggs. They were going for some weird chibi-like aesthetic, which doesn't make anyone think of Metroid or the Federation. They also shoehorned in weird excuses to make large mechs seem like they were needed in the middle of the Metroid timeline. It's a strange tangent of a plot that just would have been better off in some other galaxy.

The actual game is fine, but good luck finding anyone that wants to play it with you, and it's designed entirely around co-op play.

In the game's defense it actually works incredibly fine as a single player game thanks the lone wolf mod and drones. Then it just feels pretty much exactly what you'd expect a metroid game feel like if you weren't armed to the teeth with Samus's amazing athletic ability and power suit.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Metroid Prime Federation Force?
  • Post New Message