• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Post your favorite 3ds games no one talks about

User Info: Mushdog

Mushdog
2 weeks ago#1
Since the 3ds is pretty-much done getting new titles, let's list some of the more obscure games that are high quality but get no love:

Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers: really fun genre mash-up Racing/tower defense/action game. It came out late in the 3ds lifespan and it's digital only, so a lot of people passed it over.

Bit.Trip saga: one of the best rhythm games on the system. It may have been overpriced when it came out years ago, but it goes for about 8 bucks on eBay now. No one ever mentions this game.

You can list DS games too (that sonic collection is a great one too, along with the megaman zero collection. Being able to play sonic 3 and knuckles on the go is awesome), but try to keep it to 3ds games, if possible.
The best defense is a good offense.

User Info: FridgeBeard

FridgeBeard
2 weeks ago#2
These aren't super under the radar, but worth mentioning anyway:

7th Dragon III Code: VFD - Super solid RPG that feels, in many ways, like a third-person Etrian Odyssey title. Honestly kind of a miracle we got the game at all since none of the others were localized (as far as I'm aware) and this was the conclusion to the series.

The Alliance Alive - Another rock solid RPG that came out on the system a little too late. The devs took everything they learned from Legend of Legacy and improved upon it. Comes out on Switch soon.

Corpse Party - Not many people know this made it to 3DS, and it also happens to be the definitive version with extras that are only found here.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers - One of the weirdest SMT games out there, and altogether one of the most forgotten. Worth checking out since it's very different from just about every other title in the series while still having similar gameplay functions.

Stella Glow - Great SRPG and spiritual sequel to the Luminous Arc games on DS. Original Japanese company went bankrupt making it so it's kind of incredible Atlus decided to localize it.
https://backloggery.com/FridgeBeard
http://i.imgur.com/AW4vp.png - Credit: Breloom

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
2 weeks ago#3
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - People talk about Awakening and Fates, but everyone seems to forget SoV. This of course applies mostly to the people I talk to in real life, but it's obvious that Awakening and Fates are more popular on here and other gaming forums too.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: glitchXII

glitchXII
2 weeks ago#4
LbX:Little battlers experience
Not quite as good as customrobo, but its a decent enough substitute for it.
I refuse to take anyone who uses terms like 'weeb' or 'dudebro' seriously FC: 3496-9744-9813

User Info: TheCodeisBosco

TheCodeisBosco
2 weeks ago#5
I LOVED Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido. Best puzzle game since Meteos IMO, even surpassing the terrific Puyo Puyo Tetris.

The Switch version may be prettier, but touch screen controls are much better for a game of this type.
Now crack that combination:
27 99 23.

User Info: lali_puna

lali_puna
2 weeks ago#6
Hydroventure Spin Cycle
Squids Odyssey
Of Mice and Sand
Sadame
Citizens of Earth
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite online: https://www.hunstermonter.net
Selfmade Eccojams on: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMrCrown/videos
Dementium Remastered - Just bought it on the e-Shop. I thoroughly enjoyed the original on the DS with it's creepy atmosphere and soundtrack. And I'm generally NOT a horror game fan. So far, I'm liking the improvements in the remastered version, especially the ability to save a little more often but not too much. In the original, dying meant replaying the entire level, now you don't lose quite as much progress. It's still enough that you don't want to croak which adds to the tension, but again at least you don't have to repeat the entire level.
Playing Dragon's Dogma
Switch FC: SW-3111-0455-2735, Pawn: Amaryllis, Pawn ID: 0A37-E95C-E4E7

User Info: glitchXII

glitchXII
1 week ago#8
PsychicRutabaga posted...
Dementium Remastered - Just bought it on the e-Shop. I thoroughly enjoyed the original on the DS with it's creepy atmosphere and soundtrack. And I'm generally NOT a horror game fan. So far, I'm liking the improvements in the remastered version, especially the ability to save a little more often but not too much. In the original, dying meant replaying the entire level, now you don't lose quite as much progress. It's still enough that you don't want to croak which adds to the tension, but again at least you don't have to repeat the entire level.

Heh, I actually got a free copy of the original from an employee of the original publisher and even got to go to their release party for it. On topic about that game I thought it was pretty decent aside from the respawning enemies and aforementioned crappy save system.
I refuse to take anyone who uses terms like 'weeb' or 'dudebro' seriously FC: 3496-9744-9813

User Info: Goku_the_third

Goku_the_third
1 week ago#9
Codename Steam
Code of Princess
Citizens of Earth
Steel Diver Sub Wars
RE Mercenaries

Just to name a few
3ds FC: 1564-2430-1250
2ds FC: 2423-4717-9771

User Info: Twix_1

Twix_1
1 week ago#10
I will just list 3DS games for now, being that my class is starting. Mines are:

The Sims 3 Pets for the 3DS.
Steel Diver
Pilotwings Resort
Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir
Code Name: S.T.A.E.M (Even though it does get talked about. It's still a underrated game.)
Cooking Mama 4, 5, Sweet Shop & Gardening Mama 2.

Those are just a few of my favorites that don't get mentend very often.
3DS FC: 4682-8631-1331 ACNL DA: 5D00-00DA-9DCF When you visit my town, I always visit yours back. Thanks!
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Post your favorite 3ds games no one talks about
  • Post New Message