You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Whats the best pokemon game for ds/3ds?

User Info: gbpackers

gbpackers
4 weeks ago#11
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon Yellow if you're into 1st gen as well.
Arizona Cardinals cheated in the OT game. The coin flipping controversy as well. We've been cheated by the NFL. - 2016

User Info: NeoArashi

NeoArashi
4 weeks ago#12
Depend on what you want.

-Competitive play? Ultra Sun and Moon are (until Sword and Shield come out) the most up-to-date games, and are by default the best. The original Sun and Moon are a decent alternative.

-Story? Black/White and Black2/White 2 by a very large margin

-Don't care much about main games but want a good stort: Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky is still the best Spin Off the series has to offer.

-Want access to the most Pokemon without trading or using Pokemon Bank? X and Y and Ultra Sun and Moon both have roughly the same number of available Pokemon. However, if you have many 3DS friends, X and Y become the better choice thanks to the Friend Safari (Go to the friend Safari Subreddit for quick friend collecting, lol)

-Will mainly play short burst of playtime, but still want to make some progress in your 15-30 minutes sessions? Rumble Blast is decent

-Like Match 3 puzzles? Pokemon Battle Trozei and Shuffle are better than most people give them credit for. Except that for the latter, you're better off playing on your Android/iOS device.

-Want to do some shiny hunting? Any of the en 6 games (X,Y and ORAS) . Gen 6 is by far the gen with the most absurdly easy shiny hunting method. Friend Safari, Chain Fishing and Horde hunting are 3 of the easiest shiny hunting method, and they are all Gen 6 exclusives. If you are willing to bend the rules a bit (Using AR or abusing RNG, then any of the Gen 4 will be a shiny hunter heaven thanks to the Cute charm glitch (which could also be acheivable without manipulation, but you need to be very lucky)
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/
(edited 4 weeks ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: gatsbyy

gatsbyy
4 weeks ago#14
Black and White 2 is by far the best.
Black/white 2, x/y are my favorite
Hope is an illusion for the optimistic.

User Info: Shadeon_Koopa

Shadeon_Koopa
4 weeks ago#16
HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White (and its sequels) and Explorers of Sky.

Explorers of Sky being my personal favorite (game of all time, even). Ignore its review critics (especially IGN).
"I am a mystery even to myself, but I am not a thing."
--Fen, SteamWorld Heist

User Info: NeoArashi

NeoArashi
3 weeks ago#17
Shadeon_Koopa posted...

Explorers of Sky being my personal favorite (game of all time, even). Ignore its review critics (especially IGN).

I Agree that Sky is by far the best Pokemon Spin off ever. It's the Pokemon Crystal/Emerald/Platinum of Mystery Dungeon Exploreres of Time/Darkness, but Sky crank that ''platinum'' effect up to 11.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: Miu_san

Miu_san
3 weeks ago#18
probably black and white 2
Haha, just kidding... Unless...?

User Info: SkyLey

SkyLey
3 weeks ago#19
Shadeon_Koopa posted...
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Whats the best pokemon game for ds/3ds?