• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Switch Lite - $199, the 3DS Successor

User Info: I_like_BigButts

I_like_BigButts
2 months ago#1
now the speculation can stop
and I can not lie

User Info: Nanis23

Nanis23
2 months ago#2
Finally
Today is the day the 3DS officialy died
wololo

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
2 months ago#3
$50 more than a New 2DSXL...same price as a New 3DSXL...I wonder if Nintendo is going to discount the 3ds prices to clear them out or if they'll give it one last holiday? I guess we will find out later, but if they discount the 3ds systems, I will buy some up for backups.

I_like_BigButts
2 months ago#4
I'll just laugh at all the people who were insistent this wouldn't happen and a "real" successor was on the horizon.

It's smaller like they oh so begged.
and I can not lie

User Info: Forestia

Forestia
2 months ago#5
Still doesn't consider as a real 3DS successor tbh, but in fact feels more like the Switch's little successor has being born instead.
Other then the older brother, now people can consider going for the little brother with lesser function.

Just look at the compared systems for both Switch console and the answer is clearly being shown.
The only point consider as 3DS successor is the "Handheld mode with non detachable controller", otherwise, nothing is related to the 3DS at all.

If this is still consider as the "successor for 3DS", really laughable indeed.

User Info: SkynyrdRocker

SkynyrdRocker
2 months ago#6
Forestia posted...
Still doesn't consider as a real 3DS successor tbh, but in fact feels more like the Switch's little successor has being born instead.
Other then the older brother, now people can consider going for the little brother with lesser function.

Just look at the compared systems for both Switch console and the answer is clearly being shown.
The only point consider as 3DS successor is the "Handheld mode with non detachable controller", otherwise, nothing is related to the 3DS at all.

Those mental gymnastics must be exhausting

I_like_BigButts
2 months ago#7
Forestia posted...

lol not as laughable for you to wait.

This is the successor.

It's matching the price point you guys whined about (outside the 2DS), it's smaller and more portable like you guys b****ed about.

it's getting many of the former 3DS franchises such as layton, ace attorney and most importantly pokemon.

the writing's been on the wall, you're delusional to think otherwise.
and I can not lie

User Info: McMarbles

McMarbles
2 months ago#8
Where can I throw my money?
Currently playing: Xenoblade (3DS)
#SluggoIsLit

User Info: Forestia

Forestia
2 months ago#9
I_like_BigButts posted...
Forestia posted...

lol not as laughable for you to wait.

This is the successor.

It's matching the price point you guys whined about (outside the 2DS), it's smaller and more portable like you guys b****ed about.

it's getting many of the former 3DS franchises such as layton, ace attorney and most importantly pokemon.

the writing's been on the wall, you're delusional to think otherwise.

I wonder how much the lite would sell after people started to compare both Switch systems side by side first.
And for the former 3DS franchises, it's not a big deal since new games will always only appear on later generations console and the previous one will stop and be forgotten.
If not, who will buy new consoles then?

For me, I'm not complaining about the price or size to begin with, but after Switch lite is announce, I would rather just go for the original Switch console even though it cost abit more and NOT the lite here if I'm going to purchase it soon.
Otherwise, I'm still sticking with my 3DS console.

I_like_BigButts
2 months ago#10
your mental gymnastics are a feat.

lmao
and I can not lie
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Switch Lite - $199, the 3DS Successor
  • Topic Archived