You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which of the two Luigi Mansion games is better on the 3DS: LM1 or Dark Moon?

User Info: Need2KnowLion

Need2KnowLion
1 month ago#1
I have both btw.

And do you plan to get Luigi’s Mansion 3 when it comes out?

User Info: Ace-of-Clubs

Ace-of-Clubs
1 month ago#2
Mission structured gameplay killed Dark Moon for me, so the original Luigi's Mansion (or its 3DS remake) gets my vote easily.

And since it seems that Next Level Games has learned their lesson, I will probably get LM3, yes.
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"oh boy I can't wait to date those samurai guys" - FSABot
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
1 month ago#3
I like both pretty much equally.

Picking up LM3 day one.
In Rust we Trust

User Info: MrNintendo

MrNintendo
1 month ago#4
I loved the original Luigi's Mansion when it first came out, still do to an extent. But it's so short, and is kinda repetitive.

Luigi's Mansion 2 I think is better in almost every conceivable way, much better puzzles and thought put into the levels. Jewel hunting especially required way more effort. And the mission structure never bothered me, it just reminded me of the original game. I mean completing a mission felt similar to defeating a boss ghost in the original.
Skull Kids biggest supporter for Smash Ultimate!
Switch Friend code SW-1447-3440-8035 (KIRBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
1 month ago#5
Luigi's Mansion is the better game. Dark Moon isn't a bad game by any means, but I think they stifled the game by making it strictly mission based. The lack of quick save and being able to freely explore the mansions is what killed it for me.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife - https://i.imgtc.com/03iCZPW.jpg

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
1 month ago#6
Hell yeah I plan to get Luigi's Mansion 3 dloaded to my SD card shortly after it's released. It looks like the best one..
Now playing: Paper Mario Sticker Star, Paper Mario, Super Paper Mario, Paper Mario Color Splash... Future Switch games I'm looking forward to: Bayonetta 3, ACNH

User Info: Twix_1

Twix_1
1 month ago#7
MrNintendo posted...
I loved the original Luigi's Mansion when it first came out, still do to an extent. But it's so short, and is kinda repetitive.

Luigi's Mansion 2 I think is better in almost every conceivable way, much better puzzles and thought put into the levels. Jewel hunting especially required way more effort. And the mission structure never bothered me, it just reminded me of the original game. I mean completing a mission felt similar to defeating a boss ghost in the original.

Yes I totally agree. The first isn't bad, but I only found myself playing it once since I had the remake. I got it on release and that was my first time playing the first, but I find myself enjoying Dark Moon more. I always find myself going back to Dark Moon. Maybe it could be that I played the second of the series first.
3DS FC: 4682-8631-1331 ACNL DA: 5D00-00DA-9DCF When you visit my town, I always visit yours back. Thanks!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
1 month ago#8
Nodrog77 posted...
Hell yeah I plan to get Luigi's Mansion 3 dloaded to my SD card shortly after it's released. It looks like the best one..

Looks like the best of both worlds. Character ghosts are back, game is set in a single building, but retains the gameplay enhancements that worked in the second title.

User Info: iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme
1 month ago#9
LM1 is better in every way except that it's far shorter. Portrait ghosts, spooky compared to cartoony, more open-world type mansion instead of a bunch of mini stages...

I still think Dark Moon is pretty good though. Like 7/10 against LM1's 8/10
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
1 month ago#10
The real secret is both LM games are openly mission based, just only one actually calls them missions and they are a bit shorter but more numerous.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which of the two Luigi Mansion games is better on the 3DS: LM1 or Dark Moon?