• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. is it common for pokemon sun and moon to freeze on an older 3DS?

User Info: IAMGIYGAS

IAMGIYGAS
1 month ago#1
Iv'e had pokemon moon freeze my original 3DSXL once or twice I can't remember it's been awhile, but lately iv'e had it freezing a lot usually during battles. I heard this happens because the older 3DS's CPU isn't powerful enough or something and pokemon is a pretty resource demanding game in terms of specs, I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue with sun and moon or ultra sun and moon as iv'e had it freeze on both. Like today the music in the game stopped and the animations were still going on in the battle but I couldn't do anything and it was basically soft locked.
"Inside every cynical person there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

User Info: jakenomad

jakenomad
1 month ago#2
I have the same system, but the only issues with Pokemon Sun I had were just slow framerate occasionally in battles
What do you mean "what the hell is a Funyarinpa"? You mean you don't know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous

User Info: Tedmastr

Tedmastr
1 month ago#3
I’ve had slowdown, but never a freeze. It does seem like it takes a while from when you give a battle input to when the game actually responds and shows the attack.

I’ve never noticed a music freeze, but I normally play with the volume off, except in particularly important story battles (and only sometimes for those).
3DS FC: 2466-2669-5197
IGN Teddy; TSV: 2442 (X); 0616 (Y); 3854 (OR); 1359 (AS)

User Info: IAMGIYGAS

IAMGIYGAS
1 month ago#4
Anyone else can confirm freezing?
"Inside every cynical person there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
1 month ago#5
are you playing the cartridge or digital
Rand Paul 2016
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. is it common for pokemon sun and moon to freeze on an older 3DS?
  • Topic Archived