• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Would you have bought a monster Hunter type pokemon game?

User Info: NeoArashi

NeoArashi
1 month ago#11
21_21 posted...
Relevant

https://tinyurl.com/y4x9mld4

LMAO that’s awesome!
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
1 month ago#12
Skull_pro posted...
21_21 posted...
Relevant

https://tinyurl.com/y4x9mld4

LMAO that’s awesome!

That's a lot of time spent cutting tails. And you'll have to carve off a face for the chest plate, hope that isn't some incredibly stupid rare drop.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg

User Info: Gardaer

Gardaer
1 month ago#13
Would I be able to stab Jigglypuff and then roast her meat on a BBQ spit?

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
1 month ago#14
Okay, realtalk, if you want to kill and carve Pokémon, please stop being so edgy, you're hopefully out of middle school, no matter how many times you screamed "IT'S NOT A PHASE, MOM!", you were wrong.

That being said, the best way to do something like this would be to make it a full blown crossover. Pokémon and monsters coexisting, and not getting along. Sometimes Pokémon are the hunt target, but the worst you ever do to them is beat them into submission because they're having a tantrum and you're effectively just helping them work off whatever's got them so pissy. Then they calm down and stop being a pain in the ass.

Monsters, on the other hand, are business as usual. You can reason with a pissed off Charizard. You can't reason with a Rathalos. So you beat the Charizard with a nerf bat (or some setting-appropriate equivalent) until it stops fussing, and you cut the Rathalos until it stops moving.

The main reason I could see to do something like this in the first place would be to have Pokémon fill in the Palico/Shakalaka role, including a Prowler sort of mode so you can play as them directly if you see fit.

It'd also be interesting to have Legendaries having feuds with Elder Dragons and other megabeasts. Like Kyogre is right pissed off at a Ceadeus and you need to go help settle the feud by tearing the Ceadeus a new one. Groudon has decided that an Akantor makes for a terrible roommate and you're the eviction officer. Keldeo thinks that Kirin over there is a f***ing a******, and you don't need an excuse to go help beat the s*** out of said Kirin. In these feud hunts, you'd probably have to be aware of what the Pokémon is doing so you don't end up as collateral damage, but they also won't specifically aim at you (too much friendly fire on your part will have the same effect as a cart, so don't do it), so you do decisively have a common enemy. In some cases settling these feuds will score you some special materials given to you as a gift from the Pokémon, but rarely you'll get a full blown recruit out of the mess, depending moreso on the feud rather than an RNG chance since Kyogre would be quite impractical to have as an ally even in the water, let alone on the ground.

But it'll never happen because Nintendo wouldn't want Pokémon games ever being adjacent to something like Monster Hunter, even if the Pokémon themselves are treated nicely within it.

User Info: GodMWOLF

GodMWOLF
1 month ago#15
Sailor_Razor posted...
Okay, realtalk, if you want to kill and carve Pokémon, please stop being so edgy, you're hopefully out of middle school, no matter how many times you screamed "IT'S NOT A PHASE, MOM!", you were wrong.

But it'll never happen because Nintendo wouldn't want Pokémon games ever being adjacent to something like Monster Hunter, even if the Pokémon themselves are treated nicely within it.

Dick

Anyway I know it won't happen, although someone might mod something similar into the PC monster Hunter.

It's not about killing Pokemon would be cool, it's more fighting Pokemon in that way would be fun. Since Pokemon rarely has any action games, it would be a nice change of pace imo. (Pokken is the closest and was nice)
Only if you're my partner in time
Psn:mwolfizcool

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
1 month ago#16
If it's only about that kind of fighting, then you'd have no problem with what I outlined above, where the fight ends once they stop their tantrum and relax.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Would you have bought a monster Hunter type pokemon game?
  • Topic Archived