You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Were you influenced by a game to buy the 3DS unit you have?

User Info: nowshining

nowshining
2 weeks ago#1
Were you influenced by a game to buy the 3DS unit you have?

What made you tic about the unit, and toc to buy it?
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community/nowshining/bio = More Information.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: kalvador

kalvador
2 weeks ago#2
I bought it in 2011 thinking that FF5 and FF6 remakes would follow...
Some people get rich studying artificial intelligence. Me, I make money studying natural stupidity.
- Carl Icahn

User Info: Cillzone1721

Cillzone1721
2 weeks ago#3
I bought mine (N3dsxl) for monster hunter and the increase screen size.
"It can always be worse" 3ds FC 3926-7805-4442
Subscribe to Pewdiepie
Well... twenty games.
Scambassador week was magical.

Oh, and then a pretty gold one with triforces on it.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Venom3D

Venom3D
2 weeks ago#5
Questionmarktarius posted...
Well... twenty games.
Scambassador week was magical.

Same here. As for my New 3DS, it was Smash and Majora 3D.

User Info: HyperonicX

HyperonicX
2 weeks ago#6
Not really. I bought my first 3DS on launch, and got the ambassador games, but that was lost when the top screen buggered up.
I had to ditch the console. (I wish I had known about calling Nintendo to do a remote transfer at the time.)

I got a XL shortly after, and created a new NNID.

When the N3DSXL's were announced, I preordered one, and a few years later, after Samus Returns came out, I bought the Samus N3DSXL, cause I'm a big Metroid fan. (Pity I didn't like SR.)

Still have all 3 of the above consoles, save for my original 3DS, and a 2DS which I bought and traded in (I disliked it) before getting a N3DSXL.
Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Leaf (3DS), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky (DS)

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
2 weeks ago#7
Got it in 2013. I mostly just went where the games went when it was no longer the DS they were coming to. My opening game was Etrian Odyssey IV, a series I have followed (up until Nexus which I haven't picked up yet). Replaced with an N3DS when the right hinge snapped and since I needed a replacement anyway, I figured the price difference was small enough to warrant the jump. In all honesty it would have been N2DS if it had already existed at the time, since I never use the 3D anyway.
A gentleman will walk, but never run
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: arcaneja

arcaneja
2 weeks ago#8
That’s a funny question, because I consider two different games as having had a massive influence on my 3DS family history.

My original system was purchased when there were five or more games on or coming to the system that made it worth a buy for me. It was Harvest Moon: A New Beginning that pushed me over the edge, though. Got a Red/Black 3DSXL back in 2012 and it did eventually die (hinge snap) after years of exemplary service (mostly by my husband, I swapped it after a year for the smaller Midnight Purple 3DS), eventually leading me to the system that I consider more “me”.

Enter the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer New 3DS (white). IIRC, it was released at a time when nobody knew if the NA region would ever get the smaller New system with Super Famicom button colors and faceplates. I wanted the game too, but the system itself was more of a selling factor to me. Every time I use my 3DS, I’m happy I bought it. Everything about it fits me to a T. Part of that is purely ergonomic, my hands are pretty small.
~arc
They say that all good things must end someday // autumn leaves must fall.

User Info: NevanZ

NevanZ
2 weeks ago#9
Yes! Only for Pokémon.

User Info: MarioLinkNES

MarioLinkNES
2 weeks ago#10
I was going to buy it eventually, but the price drop and 20 free games was good incentive to buy it then. Especially because the GBA ones never came out again.
I own Tandy,2600,NES,NESv2,GB,SNES,GBC,N64,GBA,SP, NGC,DS,DSL,XL,Wii,3DS,3DSXL,WiiU,NS,SMS,SMS2,SG,SG2,GG, SCD,S32X,SS,SDC,PS1,PS2,PS3,PS4,XBox,360,XO and PC
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Were you influenced by a game to buy the 3DS unit you have?