• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Part of my 3DS broke, and Nintendo honestly deserves praise

User Info: waterdeepchu

waterdeepchu
1 month ago#1
the circle pad on my New 3DS XL came off. it'd been a bit loose for a while so I figured it was inevitable.. Turns out the pad itself wasnt broken. the plastic plate connecting the circle pad to the console had snapped in half .Half still connected to the pad, the other half connected to the console

For months Ive been playing with this thing effectively broken, and I didn't even realize it. and I slipped it back into place and it works just as well as it has been. Obviously I have to fix this, but the fact that for months this was going on and I had zero issues is just really impressive.

Nintendo has always made really sturdy hardware, and the 3DS just continues that. Ive dropped this thing feet onto concrete before, a few times, and still it holds up great.

So yeah. Thank you Nintendo, for not putting out a bunch of cheap crap that falls apart when one thing goes wrong.
Friend Code: 2707-2146-0610
Ditto, Kecleon, Lillipup

User Info: Fervdoesntdream

Fervdoesntdream
1 month ago#2
Yes. Nintendo is the Apple company from the video game industry. Their products might not be mind blowing but they're very high quality

User Info: Trumpo

Trumpo
1 month ago#3
Uh, the DS/i/l had a high chance of hinge and trigger failure.

User Info: The_Cysko_Kid

The_Cysko_Kid
1 month ago#4
The good thing is that, unless youre a total klutz, the circle pad is a pretty easy DIY fix.

User Info: face235

face235
1 month ago#5
waterdeepchu posted...
the circle pad on my New 3DS XL came off. it'd been a bit loose for a while so I figured it was inevitable.. Turns out the pad itself wasnt broken. the plastic plate connecting the circle pad to the console had snapped in half .Half still connected to the pad, the other half connected to the console

For months Ive been playing with this thing effectively broken, and I didn't even realize it. and I slipped it back into place and it works just as well as it has been. Obviously I have to fix this, but the fact that for months this was going on and I had zero issues is just really impressive.

Nintendo has always made really sturdy hardware, and the 3DS just continues that. Ive dropped this thing feet onto concrete before, a few times, and still it holds up great.

So yeah. Thank you Nintendo, for not putting out a bunch of cheap crap that falls apart when one thing goes wrong.

Clearly, you never got a hold to an N2DS. Felt cheap, and top screen cracked in less than three weeks.
I don't care if an item is useless - it exists, so therefore I must get it. xD -Peter_19-
Official Golbez of the Zelda Social Board
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Part of my 3DS broke, and Nintendo honestly deserves praise
  • Topic Archived