You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Something is wrong with my Nintendo 2DS

User Info: Aitz

Aitz
4 weeks ago#1
When I was playing Pokemon Ultra Sun a couple of months ago my N2DS was constantly shifting from sleep mode to normal mode but blowing debris from the slider in the lower would temporary fix the problem. Another problem with it was that it wasn't charging properly, the orange light which was supposed to stay still was blinking and after a while it was not charging at all even when the light was flashing. So I decided to buy a new charger.

But the problem is that I bought the charger last month and didn't touch my 2DS until then. I was able to charge it to full and when I switched my 2DS on, the home screen was fine but whenever I try to open any app it freezes. It gives me the open sound and when Nintendo 2DS logo shows when opening an app it freezes. I can still go and change the themes or go to the internet but can't access any apps at all. I tried to open the settings after removing the SD Card but to no avail.

Any fixes?
Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider Man, Resident Evil 7, WWE 2K18, Batman Arkham Knight and Need For Speed Rivals

User Info: TheSystemFailed

TheSystemFailed
4 weeks ago#2
Turn on the 2ds while holding A, R trigger, L trigger, and up on d-pad. Keep the buttons held until you see it boot up and into the system update menu. This is the safe mode boot. Now try and do a system update.
Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSystemFailed
3DS Friend Code 1092-2676-3451 USA East Coast
(edited 4 weeks ago)

TheSystemFailed
4 weeks ago#3
Canned air sprayed with some force into the area around the sleep switch could also break loose any dust that just blowing into it cannot. I had an X button on my N3dsXL stop working. Canned air sprayed into the area around the button fixed my problem completely. Worth a shot. Good luck to you.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Aitz

Aitz
4 weeks ago#4
Thanks for the response

I tried the recovery mode trick but when I successfully press the combination of the buttons the 2DS's light turns on but the screen stays black

The canned air sprayed worked like a charm and I now it doesn't automatically go to sleep mode
Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider Man, Resident Evil 7, WWE 2K18, Batman Arkham Knight and Need For Speed Rivals

TheSystemFailed
4 weeks ago#5
Glad that worked for you! Nothing sucks as bad as feeling like a piece of tech/investment is broken. Feels good when you can fix it yourself too. Enjoy!
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Something is wrong with my Nintendo 2DS