You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. My 3DS was stolen. Can I get my digital content back?
2 weeks ago my recently acquired 3DS was stolen from my car. I had over 10 digital games from the eShop. Im wondering if it's possible to dowload tgise again on my new 2DS. What do?
(message deleted)

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 week ago#3
More specifically, Nintendo can’t transfer it like that. You need to ask them to unlink your NNID (not Nintendo Account, they’ll just tell you Nintendo Accounts aren’t for 3DS) from your stolen 3DS. You can then log into any 3DS family system.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy
1 week ago#4
Yup, call Nintendo.

Also, if you had a credit card tied to that system, CALL YOUR BANK. Don't take any chances.
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
1 week ago#5
What happens to the stolen 3DS in that case? I would imagine the account would be deactivated assuming the 3DS goes online at some point. Makes me think. Couldn't someone with 200 digital games give the system to a friend, keep it offline, then call up Nintendo and have the account switched over to a new system? Basically giving the friend a copy of his games for free.
FC: 1221-0777-4703

User Info: Prince_Hircine

Prince_Hircine
1 week ago#6
Damaged7 posted...
What happens to the stolen 3DS in that case? I would imagine the account would be deactivated assuming the 3DS goes online at some point. Makes me think. Couldn't someone with 200 digital games give the system to a friend, keep it offline, then call up Nintendo and have the account switched over to a new system? Basically giving the friend a copy of his games for free.

So you're saying you phone Nintendo to report the system lost to get them to allow the account to be put on another 3DS system... Then redownloading all your titles? Naughty naughty ;)
Ringo / Apex Jho / Slowking / AP Officer (more Alpha than Alpha) -4U HR 999, Gens HR 450+, LBG Main-
What is it that makes a hunter great?

User Info: BosSBaer

BosSBaer
1 week ago#7
You should be able to. I sold my old 3ds many years ago and forgot to unlink my account. I called Nintendo customer service and explained my situation. I had to tell them a few of the purchases I made on my account for them to confirm, anyways i got all my digital stuff back minus my save files
Libra

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
1 week ago#8
it's only fair game that whomever stole the 3DS i hope they twist their ankle on the grass or choke on the drugs they used to pawn for it.
God was literally #MeToo'd because Mary "didn't give consent," so now God is a literal rapist, but there's no war on Christmas - CronoDyne

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
1 week ago#9
Damaged7 posted...

They could, but they won't be able to buy new games on the stolen system,, or use online games that sign into NNID, because the server will error that the NNID is linked to a different 3DS. The fix for that is a factory reset, which wipes all installed games and saves from the system, or makes them unreadable if the SD card is backed up, by changing the system encryption key.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.whitneyrines.com/

User Info: Linkz1

Linkz1
1 week ago#10
That's why I never leave any electronic devices in the car. Always take with you to prevent thieves from stealing whatever is inside the car.

Many years ago I had two Nintendo Magazines, GBA system, a brand new camera, sunglasses and other stuff were stolen inside the car.

From that moment on, I NEVER leave the stuff inside the car.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. My 3DS was stolen. Can I get my digital content back?