You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is Nintendo Switch a must-have console after Nintendo 3DS?

User Info: Karsad147

Karsad147
1 month ago#1
Topic
IGN: Kyle (X,Sun and Ultra Sun)

User Info: The_Cysko_Kid

The_Cysko_Kid
1 month ago#2
If you're a Nintendo diehard then yes. I'm a little underwhelmed by the switch thus far. The cost if the system and only a few games and a pro controller is brutal. I opted to save a few bucks on a sunwaytek controller rather than an official Nintendo one and haven't regretted it so far. Undocked it feels a little fragile with the joycons attached and I have some anxiety about letting kids play it like that because,vas I've said, it's pricey. The ergonomics of it undocked leave something to be desired to me but that is hardly limited to the switch. The 3ds is also hideously uncomfortable without a third party grip.

However it's the system of the present and future for Nintendo. Therefore if you want to play Nintendo games going forward it's the only place to do it. At this point though the 3DS is still the system I personally like better.

User Info: minchew91

minchew91
1 month ago#3
Personally, yes. I picked one up around Christmas because I feel switch is finally hitting its stride. Between Odyssey, BotW. Mario Kart, Mario+Rabbids, and Smash for right now. I've got plenty to keep me busy. And we're still supposed to get Pokemon, DQ 11, Fire Emblem Three houses, Animal Crossing, and (my biggest hype atm) the Link's Awakening remake.

I love my 3DS, but the Switch is becoming my go to console.
Now playing: PSO2, KH:BBS, Battle of Olympus, LoZ: MM, Torneko:The Last Hope
Last games bear:FF7 CC, FFV Advance, M&L:SSS, Super Castlevania IV, Paper Mario

User Info: MuttonBasher

MuttonBasher
1 month ago#4
Why, when it doesn't have backwards compatibility? I guess if you just buy whatever Nintendo makes, then sure. Otherwise it has nothing to do with the 3DS.
Regard and extol the beauty we through happenstance, nay destiny, found in this unlikely topic. ~Interfusor

User Info: mnkboy907

mnkboy907
1 month ago#5
It's getting the next installments from many of the series present on the 3DS, so yeah I would say so.
Change is weird.

User Info: ZatchBell

ZatchBell
1 month ago#6
only for nintendo fans. Reality is with Vita now dead and 3ds dying this year that it leaves less options for gamers. PS4 gets the most games, Xbox one(x) has the best versions of multi-platform games, and Switch gets the nintendo titles......If you have young kids or really like nintendo go for a switch, otherwise ps4 and xbox one are better options. Resident Evil 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, Dead or Alive 6, Devil May Cry 5 some of the biggest games of the year are not on switch and never coming to it.
Sega Fan for Life

User Info: Every1hasAids

Every1hasAids
1 month ago#7
The Switch has mostly ports. You want that—buy it. Because right now, it’s not worth it. It is overpriced for what it does.
Favorite fighting game: Tekken
Least favorite fighting game: Smash Bros.

User Info: finalrush7

finalrush7
1 month ago#8
Yes, best console ever imo.
"Today, we use our power to fell a god"
Best 4 games of all time: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Xenoblade, Xenoblade X, Xenoblade 2

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
1 month ago#9
I'm going to say yes.

You'll probably do well to own a PS4 and a PC too but hey last gen the best plan was 3DS, PS3 and PC so there's a pattern for you. Once Nintendo figures out that processing power will get them all the third party games the competition it could be a problem for Sony. But there's no reason to believe that will ever happen.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg

User Info: Rango

Rango
1 month ago#10
This is the worst place to ask.

Not only did you ask a 3DS forum, where loyalists are begging Nintendo to extend its life, but it's a GameFAQs forum. Expect contrarian fools to tell you why it's bad.
http://tinyurl.com/jfdvuhu
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is Nintendo Switch a must-have console after Nintendo 3DS?