• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn demo finally up on NA eshop

User Info: BlanketPI

BlanketPI
1 month ago#11
Oh hey, Devilish mode rewards you for taking fewer hits rather than just not taking five hits. Killing the devil gives more beads, sort of like a boss, so highscores necessitate playing on that mode. But, why do they have to ruin the music while the devil is around? I mean, the devil music isn't bad, but I like the normal music of most stages more, and having to hear that every level is going to get tedious....

...Oh, and the hats are so overpowered it's hilarious. It's like, "Oh hey, folks who wanted more challenge from the game, here's a challenge mode! But we'll make you so much more powerful than before that it won't matter. Muahahahaha!"

(Edit: For the record, I didn't mind not being able to die in the original game. It's just that people who did, didn't like that you had to create a rule for yourself about not getting hit. So here they make it harder and have things around the stages that make it easier, and that kind of person won't want to have to make a rule of not picking up the hats. That's all.)
That's more awkward than playing WarioWare: Smooth Moves after swallowing the Wiimote!

User Info: Twix_1

Twix_1
1 month ago#12
Yeah I played the demo yesterday. Pretty cool. I'll probably buy it in a couple of months or so though. I'm working on my retro collection at the moment. I'll be buying the Wii version also.
3DS FC: 4682-8631-1331 ACNL DA: 5D00-00DA-9DCF When you visit my town, I always visit yours back. Thanks!

User Info: Kogepan

Kogepan
1 month ago#13
Anyn ew on the mini games?
Im hoping a sequal to mass attack shooting game.......maybe a mini version of kirby pinball.......and a card game ? (a simple version of pokemon card game)

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
1 month ago#14
Daymos256 posted...
For me the 3ds + the Switch will coexist for years.. with no other platforms in sight
With great responsibility comes great power.

User Info: LuigiRok

LuigiRok
1 month ago#15
Have they said if you can turn hats off? Not a fan of how you make a yarn ball every time you grab. It's annoying when you miss your target and have to throw the ball before you can grab again.

User Info: Teremei

Teremei
1 month ago#16
LuigiRok posted...
Have they said if you can turn hats off? Not a fan of how you make a yarn ball every time you grab. It's annoying when you miss your target and have to throw the ball before you can grab again.

Yeah I didn't quite like that either. You can push a button to just pop the hats off, which I plan to do every time. But overall the game looked real nice on the 3DS screen.
Currently Playing Vesperia switch and Lost Odyssey 360.

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
1 month ago#17
Ewww. Limited use demo. I thought ninty was going the route of "special" demos with unlimited uses, but I guess I was wrong.
The difference a letter makes:
"i'm with tc about this" - "watashi mo onani desu"
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn demo finally up on NA eshop
  • Topic Archived