You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is there anything on the 3DS that can't be done on a 2DS

User Info: irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy
4 weeks ago#11
Tippetarius posted...
Okay, one more question: can my Nintendo Network ID be transferred from a 3DS to a 2DS?

If you're talking an XL model, yes. Any 3DS model can transfer directly to a 2DSXL.

If you're going to the og 2DS (the wedge), an older 3DS (the og or the first XL) can transfer directly. If you're going from any of the N models to the wedge 2DS, you'll have to call Nintendo and ask them to manually transfer your NNID to transfer. YOU WILL LOSE ANY GAME SAVE DATA THIS WAY. The Plaza stuff transfers, and your Pokebank will transfer with everything intact, and all games can be redownloaded (yes, redownloaded--you can't just shove your old card in there and have it work), but any save game data will be gone.
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976

User Info: theneovega

theneovega
4 weeks ago#12
One thing to add is that some games (not all) gain a FPS boost when the 3D slider is off (i.e. Dead or Alive Dimensions). I would think that would also apply to the 2DS/new 2DS models. Don't hear that mentioned a lot.
"Serious gamers take themselves way too seriously."

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
4 weeks ago#13
Tippetarius posted...
Okay, one more question: can my Nintendo Network ID be transferred from a 3DS to a 2DS?

There is a stickied thread covering transfers and NNID...
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.whitneyrines.com/

User Info: Daymos256

Daymos256
3 weeks ago#14
Why is there no love for the 3d? The head tracking 3d is great and i use it in mario 3d, mk7, dragon quest, ocarina, and etrian odyssey.
Nintendo gamer

User Info: The_Cysko_Kid

The_Cysko_Kid
3 weeks ago#15
Yeah. 3D.

User Info: Tippetarius

Tippetarius
3 weeks ago#16
Daymos256 posted...
Why is there no love for the 3d? The head tracking 3d is great and i use it in mario 3d, mk7, dragon quest, ocarina, and etrian odyssey.

I've never been able to experience the merits of 3D, in any medium. I think it's because I've only had clear vision in one eye for most of my life, so I'm not used to using both of them, but every time I watch or play something in 3D, I can't ever tell what the difference is supposed to be. Everyone says it makes things "jump out at you", but to me they always look the same as they normally do.

And on the 3DS, especially, the 3D slider just makes the top screen all weird and wavy and blurry. That's why I don't like using it.
Call me Tip. Or Tippi, if you prefer. And yes, just like my namesake, I'm actually a girl.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is there anything on the 3DS that can't be done on a 2DS