You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Every time I say I am going to buy a Switch, I stop myself because of my 3DS.

User Info: King_of_Flan

King_of_Flan
4 weeks ago#1
So far, I just got Bowser's Inside Story, never played Kirby's Epic Yarn, Shovel Knight expansion is FINALLY arriving, and then I can get Star Fox and Majora's Mask for $20 now? That $300 price tag isn't so appealing either. Maybe further down the road...grrrr decisions decisions, but I am still having a blast with my 2DS, at least for another year. Just thought I'd share.
|{1n6_0f_F|4n
3DS FC: 0061-0713-5038 All five Battle Maison trophies in Pokemon X on 4/15/2014

User Info: Veemon_X

Veemon_X
4 weeks ago#2
Well Switch is still young, so you can still get it later. MK8 and Smash will pretty much always have a good size lobby of players and the Switch library is going to get bigger.
I'm going to get Star Fox myself now. lol
Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas - PC

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
4 weeks ago#3
I still enjoy my 2DS after getting a Switch. Though if you think you won't use it much you could just keep waiting.
PS4 - Because it was the next gen console i was the most interested in.
Warrior - Because i usually pick the Warrior class in MMORPGs when i played them.

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
4 weeks ago#4
If you're enjoying what you have now there's no need to splurge on something else. Especially seeing as the Switch is going to one day have a price reduction or a hardware revision or both.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg

User Info: OneEyeWillee

OneEyeWillee
4 weeks ago#5
I have a Switch and 10 games for it that are all collecting dust as I keep playing my 3DS.
But I'll get to them eventually.
Shank-carrying member of the Raider Nation.

User Info: Raccoon1988

Raccoon1988
4 weeks ago#6
Just got red cat team. I’m waiting for DQ XI release date and persona 5 arrival confirmation then will surely get the switch.
Yo-kai Watch
Cuteness is Justice!!!

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 weeks ago#7
Veemon_X posted...
Well Switch is still young, so you can still get it later. MK8 and Smash will pretty much always have a good size lobby of players and the Switch library is going to get bigger.
I'm going to get Star Fox myself now. lol

iMURDAu posted...
If you're enjoying what you have now there's no need to splurge on something else. Especially seeing as the Switch is going to one day have a price reduction or a hardware revision or both.

Agreed. If you’ve still got a big backlog of stuff on 3DS and nothing on Switch screams “pay $300 to play me” then why get one now? The 3DS family has an outstanding library. Give it a few years and you can probably get one for $200 or less and pick up some Selects.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: King_of_Flan

King_of_Flan
4 weeks ago#8
Well said guys. I guess I'll wait on it. I'm a one console at a time person too, so I probably won't get any use out of a Switch right now either.
|{1n6_0f_F|4n
3DS FC: 0061-0713-5038 All five Battle Maison trophies in Pokemon X on 4/15/2014

User Info: Metastase

Metastase
3 weeks ago#9
In principle, I'm pretty much waiting for a meaty enough game like Rune Factory 4 to be available on the Switch to justify getting one.

But realisticaly I know that's never gonna happen so instead, I'll wait for a collection of a few good enough titles to justify the investment. At this rate though, it's not looking good as an ARPG fan.

User Info: Wuteng

Wuteng
2 weeks ago#10
My 3ds is so good that it still entertain me very very effectively like stealth rocks dugs inside the body of articuno..i dont see my self purchasing a switch this year .. maybe i will get switch on 2021
Max 2380-3218-5410
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Every time I say I am going to buy a Switch, I stop myself because of my 3DS.