You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. "I stopped playing on 3DS. I just play on the Switch now" logic?

User Info: Nanis23

Nanis23
4 weeks ago#1
I read this so much and I don't get it
Unless you sold your 3DS, it's still in a drawer somewhere in your house, and all you gotta do is take it out and turn it on
In a way, I stopped playing my 3DS too, but this is only because I don't see a game worth playing anymore, not because I abandoned it for the Switch
Now if Nintendo decides to release a game worth playing, like the "rumored" Link's Awakening remake, will the Switch keep me off from turning on the 3DS for this game? hell no

It's all about the games
wololo

User Info: GuardianLegendX

GuardianLegendX
4 weeks ago#2
I swap back and forth depending on what I want to play. I noticed a bunch of people do this when a new system cums out. It’s like all of the sudden it’s too old to play anymore. Eat it.
GT: wTATERSprecious Pawn: Kokoa Shuzen
Playing: Ginga Force, PSP2:Infinity, EO4, Caladrius
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: MawiocUdwoc

MawiocUdwoc
4 weeks ago#3
Some people only like playing whatever is new or trending it seems.

Also, I've met people who buy games since release day, play them non-stop and then sell them the day they beat them (those are usually the ones complaining about how a console "has no games"). At least thanks to people like that I can buy used games in good conditions.
3DS FC: 0362-1171-0114
My game collection: www.backloggery.com/mavarac

User Info: uaintseenme

uaintseenme
4 weeks ago#4
You can literally only play one system at a time so it makes sense that people are going to focus on thier newest system as it has the most recent games. I'm not equating new with good, but the fact is the Switch has some very good games now, and they come with the bonus of enhanced performance and increased fidelity.

I dont think most people would arbitrarily abandon an old system if it had thier favourite game on it? At the same time, simply having an old system in your possession is not reason enough to play it. I still have an Amiga 500 knocking around, but as much as It'll always be one of my favorite systems, that thing hasn't seen an electric current for years.

User Info: Nanis23

Nanis23
4 weeks ago#5
uaintseenme posted...
You can literally only play one system at a time

What
wololo

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
4 weeks ago#6
Nanis23 posted...
In a way, I stopped playing my 3DS too, but this is only because I don't see a game worth playing anymore, not because I abandoned it for the Switch

That's probably the case for a lot of people on this site. People played their 3DS games, there aren't many or any left for them to care about and they've moved on to the next generation.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg
Newer game systems have never made me stop playing older ones. I doubt many of us have played every single good 3DS game, and you won't see every 3DS game ported to the Switch.
Praise Rainbow Mika
NNID: JasonMaivia ; Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii): 0346-6035-0276

User Info: dextorboot

dextorboot
4 weeks ago#8
Time is finite.

User Info: cleanchris

cleanchris
4 weeks ago#9
Well, that logic still makes more sense than those who aren't buying a Switch & awaiting the successor to the 3DS.
oi!

User Info: dominator666

dominator666
4 weeks ago#10
3DS beats SWITCH any day of the week

3DS has more better quality games more zeldas and mario and less hype
friend code 444242809232
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. "I stopped playing on 3DS. I just play on the Switch now" logic?