You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. To everyone wondering why the 3DS is still on-going

User Info: WeaverSerawl

WeaverSerawl
3 weeks ago#1
Because the Switch doesn't fit in my god damn pocket and thus is awkward to take with me to doctor's offices without me looking like a total manchild carrying around a carrying case strapped to my hip.
Bertha Hippo for Super Smash Bros. on Switch!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCZQHxDZmCk&t=3s

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
3 weeks ago#2
That, and because the 3DS/2DS can play games that the Switch cannot play (and vice-versa).
With great responsibility comes great power.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
3 weeks ago#3
You are worried about looking like a manchild with a case, but you don't think you give off that image with playing a 3DS?

User Info: SexPantherPanda

SexPantherPanda
3 weeks ago#4
The switch is not and will never be a handheld, the switch is portable but it’s not a handheld.

User Info: Twix_1

Twix_1
3 weeks ago#5
Seacliff217 posted...
You are worried about looking like a manchild with a case, but you don't think you give off that image with playing a 3DS?

No because the 3DS is for all ages. Not just for children. If that's the case then. All game consoles are for children, and are considered toys.

~That's what my brother calls them.~

That makes you no better than him. Carrying around a bag that looks like a purse looks far more weird than just carrying around a 3DS.
3DS FC: 4682-8631-1331 ACNL DA: 5D00-00DA-9DCF When you visit my town, I always visit yours back. Thanks!
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Banjogamer83

Banjogamer83
3 weeks ago#6
They need to drop the 3ds price to $99

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
3 weeks ago#7
When I picked up my 3DS in 2013, an FB friend said "that's positively current gen!" It *was* pretty quick for me - and now that I am still working on it and have more games for it both in the backlog and on the wishlist, I'm pretty much reverting to my default mode. At my pace, I doubt Switch even becomes a consideration before it has at least one successor.
A gentleman will walk, but never run
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
3 weeks ago#8
Twix_1 posted...
Carrying around a bag that looks like a purse looks far more weird than just carrying around a 3DS.

Then don't use a bag that looks like a freaking purse.
I swear y'all make this more contrived than it really is. If you don't like the Switch, you don't like the Switch, I don't understand why mental loops need to be made for that.

Twix_1 posted...
All game consoles are for children, and are considered toys.

That makes you no better than him.

"I'm going to claim he said something he never said! That'll show him!"
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: dextorboot

dextorboot
3 weeks ago#9
Everyone knows it's not a toy when you carry it in a fanny pack.

User Info: Ace-of-Clubs

Ace-of-Clubs
3 weeks ago#10
Twix_1 posted...
Seacliff217 posted...

No because the 3DS is for all ages. Not just for children. If that's the case then. All game consoles are for children, and are considered toys.

That makes you no better than him. Carrying around a bag that looks like a purse looks far more weird than just carrying around a 3DS.

That's a total load of bull. Carrying a Switch is no different than carrying a 3DS, in terms of narrow-minded judgemental people calling someone a "man-child" for having one. And if someone is really so frightened of what idiots like that think of them that they are only comfortable by hiding the system, then that person really IS as immature as those people would claim.
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"oh boy I can't wait to date those samurai guys" - FSABot
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. To everyone wondering why the 3DS is still on-going