You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Popolocrois Story of Seasons On Sale

User Info: kaioideiye

kaioideiye
5 days ago#1
Anybody enjoy this game? Its $5 on Eshop right now. I feel like grabbing it on impulse but I havent even finished Rune Factory 4 and this game seems like a simplified version of it made by the same group. Usually I would just buy it to see if I did like the game while supporting the devs but right now $5 isnt really easy for me to come up with and Im assuming with Smash coming out and Christmas around the corner better sales will be coming soon.

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
5 days ago#2
I really enjoyed Return to Popolocrois, but I admit to being a fan of the first game released here on the PSP (I know the first real game is a Playstation Japan only game, with ultiple sequels). I enjoyed the game so much as to have bought it for multiple people as well.
I'm also not a fan of farming in games, generally, and that's why I can't really play through games like Harvest Moon, Rune Factory (despite how good other parts of the game are), and Stardew Valley. I just don't like the farming parts of them, but in this case, the farming is all but optional. Aside from a few things one must do to advance the story, one can farm as much, or as little, as one wants.

The characters and story are just overall very nice. The game is voiced in both English and two different options for Japanese, the artstyle works very well with the 3DS, and the personalities of the characters are also very nice.
There is some amount of repetition in the game, insomuch as you are doing similar tasks in the story to progress to the next area of the game.
The combat is also fairly easy unless one sets the difficulty to King, and encounter rate to low, at least until endgame.
A good thing is that one can adjust difficulty any time outside of battle and story, as well as encounter rates, from low to high.

It's not the best game ever, but it is quite good, and more than worth the $5 as long as you have a good idea of what it is you are getting in to.
Again, the story and characters are all very nice and likable, and I definitely think it's worth a try. I don't think you'll find Return to Popolocrois for less than $5, and in my opinion it would be a shame to pass it up.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
5 days ago#3
Isnt Popolocrois Story of Seasons technically an old PSP game which was re released with a different name for the Nintendo 3DS but a decent little game?

kaioideiye
5 days ago#4
WizardofHoth posted...
Isnt Popolocrois Story of Seasons technically an old PSP game which was re released with a different name for the Nintendo 3DS but a decent little game?

Nah its a completely different game. Its a new Popo game with Harvest Moon gameplay blended in. Apparently its very easy though which is the only reason I havent bought it. Has a hard mode though but still.

User Info: lali_puna

lali_puna
5 days ago#5
It's a sweet little turn based JRPG, will some well written dialogue, only the farming pretty much sucks, but gladly you can ignore it.
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite online: https://www.hunstermonter.net
Selfmade Eccojams on: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMrCrown/videos

User Info: GeekyDad

GeekyDad
5 days ago#6
I just revisited it again here recently. It's a really lovely little RPG. Don't go into it expecting the level of depth from the farming as RF. It's still more based on story and RPG gameplay. It's light-hearted but quite endearing. A few quirks in the QoL department, but really, it's quite fun. For $5?! Good lord, definitely nab it.

User Info: glitchXII

glitchXII
5 days ago#7
For that price, go for it. I will say this though, played it on normal, only died once and I beat it fairly quick (can't remember for sure how long as I don't have my system on me atm)
'Console wars' are a waste of time, when all is said is done, we're enjoying the same hobby, what does it matter what we play on? FC: 3496-9744-9813

WizardofHoth
5 days ago#8
The only RPG game with farming type life that i need to start playing anyway is Rune Factory 3 which I bought previously this year back during February or March.

WizardofHoth
4 days ago#9
So is there a main story in Popolocrois Story of Seasons besides it being copycat of Rune Factory and Harvest Moon?

Do you do anything else besides doing farm stuff?

kaioideiye
4 days ago#10
WizardofHoth posted...
So is there a main story in Popolocrois Story of Seasons besides it being copycat of Rune Factory and Harvest Moon?

Do you do anything else besides doing farm stuff?

The farming is actually only in a few side quests apparently, other than that its completely optional.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Popolocrois Story of Seasons On Sale