• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Since the Switch is the new 3DS will 3DS be shut down soon?

User Info: SparksAround

SparksAround
1 month ago#1
How many more game are left?
Top Fan

User Info: Yield2DNuggetry

Yield2DNuggetry
1 month ago#2
It doesn't need any new games. Wonder why at this point all the 3ds is getting ports and remakes of previous Nintendo games?

User Info: Twix_1

Twix_1
1 month ago#3
When did Nintendo say that the switch is the new 3DS? From what Reggie says. It isn't. https://m.ign.com/articles/2017/06/15/e3-2017-nintendo-will-support-3ds-beyond-2018

Yield2DNuggetry posted...
It doesn't need any new games. Wonder why at this point all the 3ds is getting ports and remakes of previous Nintendo games?

The 3DS was getting remakes since it's release. I don't get your point.
3DS FC: 4682-8631-1331 ACNL DA: 5D00-00DA-9DCF When you visit my town, I always visit yours back. Thanks!

User Info: xxdudeyy

xxdudeyy
1 month ago#4
Be at least another 3 years before it does.

The 3DS has 75 million active users vs the switch at this point which is only over 20 million active users.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

Wouldn't be smart to axe it off in near future.

Though i personally reckon that it should have an app released on the eshop to have the 3ds be used as another controller for the switch like it was used for Sm4sh Wii U.
Gday

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
1 month ago#5
Nintendo is still dividing up its releases between the two consoles, albeit one is getting far more involvement from Indies at the moment...
They were forming a circle, red-eyed, passing over a large marijuana cigarette ; I was wiping my eyes frantically to fit in.

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
1 month ago#6
Part of Reggie's job is to lie to the public before an official announcement is releases. It doesn't mean everything he says is lie it just means maybe he can't talk about it yet.
Sarcasm is my basic function.

User Info: outworld222

outworld222
1 month ago#7
The switch is not the new 3DS, and no, the 3DS will not be shutdown until 2025.

User Info: Zanimar

Zanimar
1 month ago#8
Yep, the 3DS will be shut down "soon" of course this "soon" has been said since the Switch's initial release, but any day now this "soon" will come and no one will be able to use their 3DSes anymore since Nintendo will send out code to make all 3DS systems non-functional and instead only display a message saying "buy a Switch as it plays all your DS and 3DS games."
PSN - Ruxl
Steam - Renryuu

User Info: gatsbyy

gatsbyy
1 month ago#9
SparksAround posted...
How many more game are left?

The indie eshop games are drying up. The regulars like Lightwood and Circle have had no new releases in ages. Atlus seems to be the last major 3rd party company left. I suspect 2019 will be the last. I suspect Switch will be downsized to be more handheld friendly, it should not be that hard to do. I would not be shocked if It was released next Fall.

User Info: Twix_1

Twix_1
1 month ago#10
creativerealms posted...
Part of Reggie's job is to lie to the public before an official announcement is releases. It doesn't mean everything he says is lie it just means maybe he can't talk about it yet.

Why would Reggie lie about the Switch not being the new 3DS???
3DS FC: 4682-8631-1331 ACNL DA: 5D00-00DA-9DCF When you visit my town, I always visit yours back. Thanks!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Since the Switch is the new 3DS will 3DS be shut down soon?
  • Topic Archived