• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How do you guys use your 3DS?

User Info: Moparcharger345

Moparcharger345
3 months ago#1
Ive debated on picking up a 3DS XL. I have a PC, PS3, Wii U and a PS2. The only thing is im just not sure how often i would play the 3DS. So i was curious how you guys used yours.....do you use it as your main system or is it more like something you use off and on when you want something different? Just curious!

User Info: outworld222

outworld222
3 months ago#2
I use it as a main. But....depends on how you’re influenced as a gamer. I’ve recently started playing my old ps2 and also PC. But my main is still the 3DS.

User Info: chairforceone

chairforceone
3 months ago#3
PC gamer here. I use my New 3DS for virtual console, classic DS games and exclusives. Can’t beat chrono trigger, Zelda or donkey Kong country all cozied up at bedtime.

User Info: DrVonRupee

DrVonRupee
3 months ago#4
I have Xbox, Steam and 3DS. I spend 99.99% of my gaming time on my 3DS. I average about 2k hours per year overall (Activity Log records stats like that, it’s not an estimate).

I own 67 games for my N3DSXL. If you wanna see them, go to my profile and go to my game collection. The games that aren’t listed as being for 3DS or DS are Virtual Console games (so if you see Famicom, SNES, GameGear, etc. they’re still on my 3DS). Also there’s a program called SmileBASIC on the eShop for $10 that let’s you program games yourself. If you’re like me and you’re not a programmer, just use it to download what others have created from the website catalogue of uploaded programs. A ton of ports/clones of older games are on there, alongside a bunch of really cool indie titles. the nRogue series is one of my favorites.

So including the SmileBASIC games, my game collection is well over 100 games.

So yeah the 3DS is my main system.
"want make toOAST *hiccup* TO GUDDDD ALE!" - Sarbok
Friend Code: Enzo 3884-0538-1796

User Info: HyperonicX

HyperonicX
3 months ago#5
My 3DS is my main console, despite having other consoles like the Switch, PS4 and a good gaming PC.

I play my 3DS more then any other console, and I am always on the hunt for more games for it.
Currently playing: Digimon Cyber Sleuth (Vita), Spyro the Dragon 1 (PSP)

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
3 months ago#6
I use my 3DS a lot, but I can't bring myself to really play TV games anymore, at least not single player.
I think that has to do with me going without a TV for a decade due to living conditions.
As it stands, I currently own, and occasionally play, a Wii U, PS3, Vita, Switch, in addition to my 3DS. I use the 3DS the most, followed by Vita, then Switch, then PS3, and finally Wii U (mainly because I've beaten all the games I own that I can play off TV... everything else I own requires the use of a TV).
My PS3 is the go to multiplayer fighting game hub. The Switch is slowly supplanting the Vita for the types of games that the 3DS didn't get.
The 3DS just happens to have the most types of games that I want to play without requiring a TV. Additionally, it's the most easily "bring with me" system, fitting easily within a pocket. My Vita fits that way too, but is still bulkier with it's Hori clamshell case. The Switch is great for at home off TV play, but is not pocket portable, a must for me because I go a lot of places where bringing a bag or backpack is neither practical nor normal.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.

User Info: Moparcharger345

Moparcharger345
3 months ago#7
You guys are awesome!!! Thanks for the insight, i think i am going to go ahead and pick one up!

User Info: DrVonRupee

DrVonRupee
3 months ago#8
Moparcharger345 posted...
You guys are awesome!!! Thanks for the insight, i think i am going to go ahead and pick one up!

Sounds great man, feel free to ask us for game recommendations if you feel like you could benefit from that.
"want make toOAST *hiccup* TO GUDDDD ALE!" - Sarbok
Friend Code: Enzo 3884-0538-1796

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
3 months ago#9
I use my Nintendo 3DS to play old DS games and 3DS games.

Duh.

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
3 months ago#10
Just what do you think a Nintendo 3DS handheld is used for anyway?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How do you guys use your 3DS?
  • Topic Archived