You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Cheap JRPGs On Eshop?

User Info: gatsbyy

gatsbyy
1 week ago#1
I play a lot of rpgs and played all the Atlus, DQ ones plus the earlier Kemco games with Infinite Dunamis the last I played. I am looking for under 10 dollar ones. I am debating Dragon Lapis or trying the Dragon Fantasy games. Has Kemco stopped porting games to the 3ds? They have not released one since April they used to port one every 4 months.

User Info: GeekyDad

GeekyDad
1 week ago#2
I always, always recommend Crimson Shroud to anyone who has yet to play it. It's eShop exclusive, but it's an excellent RPG regardless of platform. At the very top of quality for what's on eShop.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
1 week ago#3
GeekyDad posted...
I always, always recommend Crimson Shroud

I always, always shoot in flame Crimson Shroud for being an obviously incomplete game that was frustratingly rushed out of the door. Lots of potential, interesting presentation, but overwhelmingly unpolished especially in terms of gameplay.

Notwithstanding that, the game also contains one of the worst design choice I've seen in a videogame : A key item to progress the story is locked, WITHOUT ANY IN-GAME INDICATIONS, behind a RNG drop. Meaning, you have to redo the fight potentially hundred of times before you get the item, since you're just rolling the dice everything you fight these skeletons in the second chapter.

This s*** happens at least twice in the course of the game, and more if you go the NG+ route.
I was expelled from time traveling school for being too early.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: DrVonRupee

DrVonRupee
1 week ago#4
I’d recommend EarthBound. It’s $9.99 and a very interesting take on the genre. I enjoy it, and think it’s definitely worth checking out.
3DS/DS for life. Add me for MH4U hunts!
3DS Friend Code: 3884-0538-1796

User Info: OliviaTremor

OliviaTremor
1 week ago#5
Crimson Shroud and Earthbound are probably your best bet. If you're up for something a bit different but still turn based with character, weapon and item customization check out Steamworld Heist. It goes on sale for $5 occasionally. Pretty much a 2D X-Com. Fantastic game held in high esteem.
Notyou

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
1 week ago#6
Brave Dungeon. $5.

I enjoyed it so much I 100%ed it.
Bomberman deserves to be in Smash as a playable fighter. R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017. R.I.P. Miitomo 2016 - 2018.

User Info: Raph136

Raph136
1 week ago#7
Crystal Monsters. It’s not bad for €5. Decent enough game, imo, even though it’s a Pokemon ripoff.
Lloyd Irving: I don't think everything has to be forgiven. But no matter how painful things may be, you can't dwell on the past.

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
1 week ago#8
Pokemon Crystal is useful to access a legit Celebi.

On the other hand, unfortunately, Mew has not been (officially) released for the 3DS VC in North America.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1124-lums-ufo-comedy-anime-and-manga

gatsbyy
1 week ago#9
I have all the games suggested. Why didn’t we get Crystal Monsters 2? I kinda liked it

gatsbyy
1 week ago#10
I played Earthbound on the original SNES. Awesome game, Citizens of Earth is similar. Very glitchy.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Cheap JRPGs On Eshop?