• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What kind of Micro SD cards can I use on a New 2DS XL?

User Info: MegaProtoManX0

MegaProtoManX0
1 month ago#1
I am wanting to upgrade to 64GB, or possibly 128GB.

Any suggestions on a type or types of cards?

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
1 month ago#2
Anything that's not a cheap knockoff. So any trusted brand like sandisk should work fine.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

User Info: Venom3D

Venom3D
1 month ago#3
If you're gonna use a 64GB or higher card, you'll need to reformat it to FAT32. Those come pre-formatted as exFAT, which the 3DS doesn't support.

As for recommended brands, Sandisk and Samsung are often considered to be the best. I've also had good luck with Kingston and Patriot. Anything rated Class 10 or U1 should be fine, while U3 would likely be overkill.

User Info: MegaProtoManX0

MegaProtoManX0
1 month ago#4
Venom3D posted...
If you're gonna use a 64GB or higher card, you'll need to reformat it to FAT32. Those come pre-formatted as exFAT, which the 3DS doesn't support.

As for recommended brands, Sandisk and Samsung are often considered to be the best. I've also had good luck with Kingston and Patriot. Anything rated Class 10 or U1 should be fine, while U3 would likely be overkill.

Can I use SDXC cards? I thought had to be SDHC but cant find any over 32gb online

User Info: Venom3D

Venom3D
1 month ago#5
MegaProtoManX0 posted...
Can I use SDXC cards? I thought had to be SDHC but cant find any over 32gb online

Yes, SDXC cards work if they're reformatted to FAT32. I'm using a 64GB SDXC in my New 3DS XL right now.

User Info: sunny_red51

sunny_red51
1 month ago#6
I just upgraded to a 128GB microSDXC card made by Sandisk for my New 3DS LL (Japanese version of the XL). I had to format it to FAT32 as others have mentioned, but it works great. Previously, I was using a 64GB Sandisk card, which also worked great.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What kind of Micro SD cards can I use on a New 2DS XL?
  • Topic Archived