What annoys you in games?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What annoys you in games?

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
4 days ago#1
For me, its excessive handholding and when the game shuts off Fast Forward for a new skill when the game is at a snail's pace without using Fast Forward already.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: its_matt

its_matt
4 days ago#2
The developer of a franchise losing sight of what their fans want from a series and then when the sales drop off when the series loses it’s way the developer gives up on the series entirely.

User Info: DrVonRupee

DrVonRupee
4 days ago#3
I hate it when fun games are either:

Low on content AND have significant RNG. When I really love a game that’s low on content, I want as little RNG as possible. I usually try to get into speedrunning games that i really like but have little content. If there’s significant RNG in the game, it makes it a pointless speedrun.

Or

High on content but hold your hand. It starts to feel like a 200 hour tutorial, and it completely mitigates the enjoyability of the game.
3DS/DS for life. Add me for MH4U hunts!
3DS Friend Code: 3884-0538-1796

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
4 days ago#4
DrVonRupee posted...
I hate it when fun games are either:

Low on content AND have significant RNG. When I really love a game that’s low on content, I want as little RNG as possible. I usually try to get into speedrunning games that i really like but have little content. If there’s significant RNG in the game, it makes it a pointless speedrun.

Or

High on content but hold your hand. It starts to feel like a 200 hour tutorial, and it completely mitigates the enjoyability of the game.

The latter is exactly why I didn't restart SM and despise Flower Town. Flower Town went overboard with the tutorials and forced the player to do them. Ninja Launcher's is also annoying because you're required to get a perfect shot.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: outworld222

outworld222
4 days ago#5
Grinding in rpgs.

User Info: MawiocUdwoc

MawiocUdwoc
4 days ago#6
When games have bugs or glitches that prevent 100% completion... or worse, regular progression at all (Bubble Bobble Revolution anyone?)

Locking some stuff behind online multiplayer is bad too, because once the servers are shut down or nobody plays the game anymore it's impossible to get.
3DS FC: 0362-1171-0114
My game collection: www.backloggery.com/mavarac

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
4 days ago#7
Games of a same franchise that are inferior to others game developed previously for older hardware.

It's much like movies, I'm always irked when a sequel misses the mark on several key aspects of the original; make another game/movie if you can't maintain the quality!
I was expelled from time traveling school for being too early.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: deathguise950

deathguise950
4 days ago#8
The lack of save points when they would be much appreciated.
https://i.imgtc.com/oJ3Q6Q0.jpg
Miss you bud

User Info: gbpackers

gbpackers
4 days ago#9
Salocool posted...
Games of a same franchise that are inferior to others game developed previously for older hardware.

It's much like movies, I'm always irked when a sequel misses the mark on several key aspects of the original; make another game/movie if you can't maintain the quality!

Pretty sure you mean "don't make another game/movie" lol.
Arizona Cardinals cheated in the OT game. The coin flipping controversy as well. We've been cheated by the NFL. - 2016

User Info: AsunaSAOYuuki

AsunaSAOYuuki
4 days ago#10
outworld222 posted...
Grinding in rpgs.

I never understand this. Lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZUi9xKY8X8
^^^Still one of my favorite P4 tracks!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What annoys you in games?