So who plays their 3DS out of their house?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So who plays their 3DS out of their house?
Im currently waiting in my car parked in my wife's workplace parking lot. I brought the 3DS cause why not? I never take it out. Outdoors, I find everything around me too distracting, interfering with my enjoyment or concentration.

The 3DS has really weak screen brightness, i think this is a huge flaw on the Nintendo 3DS. I barely make out what's going on, so it would be better to take it out at night.

Is there anyone that actually enjoys their 3DS outside their house?

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
5 days ago#2
Unless I'm going out of town, I never take my 3DS out of the house. And even so, I only play it at the place I'm staying at.
It's amazing how people hang around message boards of games they don't like

User Info: Megatonez

Megatonez
5 days ago#3
I usually keep my 3ds in my pocket for steps and the occasional street pass. If I'm waiting in line or at a doctor's office or something, I'll take it out and play some.
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan
FC: 3196-5520-3185, IGN: Kokichi TSV: 2259, 2704, 3761

User Info: Jlin44

Jlin44
5 days ago#4
I keep a 3DS in my car. I play it most days on my lunch breaks.

I find that the screen isn’t quite bright enough but I usually go and park somewhere in the shade and it makes it tolorable.
Currently playing:
3DS: SMT Devil Summoner Soul Hackers -PSP: Final Fantasy Tactics - Switch: I am Setsuna

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
5 days ago#5
I’ve brought it to the mall twice now, to count steps while I walk. (I sound like an old man mall walker. Lol)

Haven’t actually played it anywhere, though. Just got it last week. I might take it to a local coffee shop and play, or maybe play it at the mall.
Never turn your back on a chicken.
Pokemon X, AC:NL

User Info: rainfall789

rainfall789
5 days ago#6
I sometimes take it to my day program but often don’t play it because there are too many distractions. Otherwise I take it to my mom’s house mainly or if I go on vacation.

User Info: HyperonicX

HyperonicX
5 days ago#7
I take mine out when I go out. I keep it in my bag until I decide to play it, like on a bus.
Currently playing:

User Info: Fervdoesntdream

Fervdoesntdream
5 days ago#8
Yeah, if the system had more screen brightness, at least twice as bright, I would take it outside more often. Seriously, Nintendo f****d up big time. It's a portable handheld console, it's only natural people will try to play it outdoors (whether it's day or nightime).

It's even more puzzling considering they actually designed it with Spotpass, pedometer, and whatnot. They should've addressed this problem in the New Nintendo 3DS. It's built on a budget of about 200 dollars or so, they were more than capable to do this. I mean, even my 70 dollar cellphone is at least 3 times brighter, including an extra small boost of brightness with an "Outdoors" mode.

Aside from this, I don't have any other problems with the system, I freaking love my 3DS.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
5 days ago#9
I played it away from home quite a lot when I was a student last year, usually between classes.
Now I still play it away from home in places where appropriate. When working out of town and staying in a hotel, or in a doctor's office or other, non job related, waiting room.

My current job leaves me with no opportunity to play while at work unless I'm done for the day and in a hotel room for the night.
Since I don't play in the actual out of doors, I don't find I have issues with brightness.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.
Bring it with me all the time.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi/Go:9267 2163 5632
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So who plays their 3DS out of their house?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.