• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I just beat Bravely Second.

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
1 month ago#21
Agreed. One of my favorite modern JRPGs.
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".

User Info: Gorillanator

Gorillanator
1 month ago#22
Rango posted...
The_Numerous posted...
Should I just jump into second? I'd watch/read up on the first but I'm not sure if I should skip default since everyone hates the last half or quarter of it.

Yes. It will summarize Bravely Default for you and it's a highly enjoyable game.

I agree. Playing both is a tad overkill since they're so similar, and Second has the better gameplay.

User Info: The_Numerous

The_Numerous
1 month ago#23
I got 2 sets from the demo and just started the game like 15 min ago, feeling well enough caught up on defaults story jumping into second was the right move for sure.
Noblesse oblige

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
1 month ago#24
I feel that both BD and BS are boring. And I like games like the tradionnal FFs.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf and Sonic Mainer. Hyde / Linne team in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

User Info: Rango

Rango
1 month ago#25
The_Numerous posted...
Yeah I saw a video recap of Default and second should be here tomorrow. Playing the demo a bit but really just dying to sink my teeth in the actual game. Mad hype :]

Remember, the story's pacing isn't going to be fast for a good while. Little things will happen. But the main focus will be the gameplay.

Once you hit Chapter V, however, the story will hit you like a ton of bricks and keep going from there. Also note, don't worry about which Asterisk (Class) you miss in the side-quests. Once again, you can get them after Chapter V.
http://tinyurl.com/jfdvuhu

User Info: The_Numerous

The_Numerous
1 month ago#26
Thanks for the heads up! I'm loving the pacing and story, actually.
Noblesse oblige

User Info: Rango

Rango
1 month ago#27
The_Numerous posted...
Thanks for the heads up! I'm loving the pacing and story, actually.

Then you're in luck.

Call me spoiled for two reasons:

1) In Bravely Default, a number of story elements wound up being quite dark. Summoner, Chemist, and Red Mage had some dire and serious moments. Plus there was one disturbing moment that takes place after beating the penultimate boss. Hearing Ouroboros eat Airy was just sickening.

2) Games like Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Persona 5, and NieR: Automata have some of the very best writing of any JRPG I've ever played. Not to mention Octopath Traveler, which was the Producer's game after Bravely Second.

But that said, I'm glad you're enjoying it. It only gets better as it goes on!
http://tinyurl.com/jfdvuhu

User Info: mohammed199999

mohammed199999
4 weeks ago#28
Metastase posted...
"I feel Bravely Second is the quintessential turn-based RPG on the 3DS"

Not just on the 3DS. What it did with the combat and its job system is amazing. At which point whatever good things it does with its story is just a bonus, it's a must play for turn-based RPG lovers regardless.
3DS friend code 3539-8997-2521 IGN Shanil
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/cosmichero1996?type=posted
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I just beat Bravely Second.
  • Topic Archived