• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which Nintendo handheld had the best JRPG selection?

User Info: Rango

Rango
3 months ago#1
Between the GBA, DS, and 3DS, do you have a favorite?
http://tinyurl.com/jfdvuhu

User Info: Lamesy

Lamesy
3 months ago#2
I would say that DS probably has the highest quality RPGs, although GBA seemed to have a nearly endless selection because RPGs were just more popular back then.

User Info: ViniciusFernand

ViniciusFernand
3 months ago#3
I'll say the DS. It had the biggest selection of new rpgs, sequels, remakes, ports, weird and bad RPGs.
And the good outweighed the bad.

User Info: Megatonez

Megatonez
3 months ago#4
I would say the 3ds, it let's you play the 3ds RPGs and the ds RPGs.
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan
FC: 3196-5520-3185, IGN: Kokichi TSV: 2259, 2704, 3761

User Info: helldew

helldew
3 months ago#5
the DS and the 3ds playing the DSs RPGs isnt really much of a point when the GBA+DS >>>3ds+DS for RPGs

also yeah the DS was disgusting on RPG like from square alone we had Dragon quest IV V VI IX Joker 1 Joker 2 alone. Chrono trigger TWEWY FFIV FFII FF4 heroes FFCC ROF/EOT Kingdom hearts days and Recoded. the mana games FFXII RW Chocobo dungeon.

I think the Saga games in japanese were square as wellthey also had sigma harmonics made by them.

like square enix`s support on the DS was honestly crazy insane nuts.

then you had stuff like megaman battlenetwork 5 /Starforce 1-3 Radiet historia Mario and luigis.Digimons, pokemon Plat D/P HG/SS B/W2, Strange journey Devil survivor 1/2 Sand of destruction phantasy star 0 Lunar knights/Lufia 2s remake Ys1/2 SRW Summon night Suikoden Tierkreis Rune factory 1-3 golden sun infinite space. Inazuma eleven 1-3 Lost magic. Magical starsign castlevania DOS POR OOE. Etrain 1-3 Pokemon MD Blue/Sky

Japanese had Xenosaga 1/2 Soma bringer Tales of innocence/Hearts.Then once again the square ones Saga 1-3 remakes Sigma harmonics

3ds list would be something closer to Tales of the abyss Etrain 1 2 4 5 X SJ redux Radient historiaR Rune factory 4 Dragon quest 7/8 Pokemon X/Y S/M/Ultras OR/AS Devil survivor 1/2R gurumin KH days Mario and luigi PJ DT SS remake and BIS remake Persona Q SMTIV SMTIVA Xenoblade Yokai watch1/2/3 LBX Xenoblade. Fantasy life Ever oasis. Pokemon MD Gates/Super Bravely default1/2

cant thing of as many japanese only ones here mainly DQM1/2 Joker 3 DQ11. then i think the japaense had DQ1-3 ports and i know they had a FF1 port.

obviously missing a few and def kinda gotta round out weird ones like Castlevania or ever oaisis people could prob add to that list to but i think i covered most of what springs to mind. the big turning point for the regular DS was square. their support on the 3ds is not really anything close to what it was on the DS. and they have a lot of japaense only games;

but yeah i think the DS wins very very easily.
Competitive smash Player , random gaming news, + game dev stuff. Follow me on twitter @helldew93 #shamelessselfpromotion

User Info: bigtim777

bigtim777
3 months ago#6
Megatonez posted...
I would say the 3ds, it let's you play the 3ds RPGs and the ds RPGs.

3DS has the better titles overall but both have a good library.
Mutton, fresh mutton!

User Info: Rango

Rango
3 months ago#7
I'm gonna go ahead and say GBA has my favorite RPG selection by a wide margin.

Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku II
Final Fantasy I & II
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mother 3
Riviera: The Promised Land
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
http://tinyurl.com/jfdvuhu

User Info: OliviaTremor

OliviaTremor
3 months ago#8
Definitely the GBA. And, for what it's worth, Mother 3 is so far ahead of any other portable RPG it's ridiculous.
Notyou

User Info: Second_Chances

Second_Chances
3 months ago#9
DS is the most plentiful and was the only one that Square Enix had a large showing on, but I personally have more things I really love from the GBA and 3DS libraries

User Info: DrVonRupee

DrVonRupee
3 months ago#10
How is there even a debate? DS wins in this category EASILY. 3DS and GBA also have great RPGs but their libraries aren’t as expansive.
3DS/DS for life. Add me for MH4U hunts!
3DS Friend Code: 3884-0538-1796
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which Nintendo handheld had the best JRPG selection?
  • Topic Archived