May get a 2DS later this year. Still worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. May get a 2DS later this year. Still worth it?

User Info: Linkz1

Linkz1
3 months ago#21
ArcFan10000 posted...
No, the New 2DS XL is $160 id recommend it. And it comes with a Charger.

Also, it has his own NFC Reader inside the system instead of using the 3DS NFC Reader/Write accessory that sells separately for old 3DS to use Amiibos. I'll have to sell this one, too. Is useless for the N3DSXL or the N2DSXL.

User Info: McSleeve77

McSleeve77
3 months ago#22
Linkz1 posted...

Which version is that?

Target has the N2DS (black/blue) on sale this week for $130. At that price it's definitely worth picking up.
McSleeve: 3 // overlordpringer: 0
http://imgur.com/a/px19s

User Info: TidusDream

TidusDream
3 months ago#23
Linkz1 posted...
TidusDream posted...
I picked up a N2DSXL for $125, the value can't be beat.

Which version is that?TidusDream posted...
I picked up a N2DSXL for $125, the value can't be beat.

Which version is that?

Target had the Black/blue and white/Orange N2DSXL for $125 last week.

User Info: NintendoTablet

NintendoTablet
3 months ago#24
There are original 2DS's on ebay for $30

Just do that TC

User Info: Triple_Aitch

Triple_Aitch
3 months ago#25
As somone who owned a 2ds and 2ds XL I recommend going with the New 3ds XL. It's a bit more upfront but if you're anything like me you'll buy the cheap one, excited for a deal, and then regret not getting the better version. My advice is to just start with the best. You can find good deals on New "New 3DS XLs" (that's too many new's), and I wouldn't be turned off by the lack of an included charger as chargers are really cheap these days and it's better to get one without an attached power brick as they are more diverse anyway.

TL;DR - Get the New 3DS XL
"It's going to be legend... Wait for It...

User Info: Djwlfpack9

Djwlfpack9
3 months ago#26
I really like the 2DS XL, but still believe that the form factor on the 2DS is superior.

User Info: celebar

celebar
3 months ago#27
Totally worth it. Samus Returns, A Link Between Worlds, and Super Mario 3D Land are classics. Get a New model for the extra games/features.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: dybyhands

dybyhands
3 months ago#28
freedumbdclxvi posted...
Absolutely it’s worth getting one. You’ll have access to two of the best libraries in gaming IMO - DS and 3DS.

This. There are a lot of great games.
Nothings Shocking

User Info: sanjeust

sanjeust
3 months ago#29
As a rule of thumb, this question is stupid. If a console - and in the case of most pieces of technology -, is worth it at some point, it will always be worth it.

It's not like it became trash, just because of the release of the New 2DS or the Switch.

Which doesn't mean that there might not be better now. But they will be in general more expensive.

Even the PS1 is worth it.
"I'm confident that, if there's a real problem [with climate change], He [God] can take care of it." - Michigan Republican congressman Tim Walberg LOL

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
3 months ago#30
BenjaMan64 posted...
Is the online store still open? Can all 3/2DS games be purchased there in case I can't find them physical?
Most but not all. If you haven't seen it you should check the list of physical only games here:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/76745546
Anyone can believe in the truth. To believe in nonsense is a demonstration of loyalty... it serves as a uniform.
And if you have a uniform, you have an army.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. May get a 2DS later this year. Still worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived