Monster training games besides pokemon? 3ds or DS works

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Monster training games besides pokemon? 3ds or DS works

User Info: Zanmato555

Zanmato555
4 weeks ago#1
I tend to love games that let you train monsters. I was debating on getting into the Yokai watch series. What other monster training games are out there? 3ds, DS, eshop, all of it.
PSO DC Malak. PSO GC Malak/Zanmato
FFXI: Zelig tarutaru Diabolos Server. If you know me say hi. Send me a pm. It's been about 10 years. I miss my old friends.

User Info: desertman

desertman
4 weeks ago#2
Monster Hunter Stories
Shin Megami Tensei series
_

Zanmato555
4 weeks ago#3
desertman posted...
Monster Hunter Stories

Got them, but amazing.
FFXI: Zelig tarutaru Diabolos Server. If you know me say hi. Send me a pm. It's been about 10 years. I miss my old friends.

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
4 weeks ago#4
Dragon Quest Monsters. Latest game (Joker) is JP only though.
Anyone can believe in the truth. To believe in nonsense is a demonstration of loyalty... it serves as a uniform.
And if you have a uniform, you have an army.

Zanmato555
4 weeks ago#5
lukeskywalker66 posted...
Dragon Quest Monsters. Latest game (Joker) is JP only though.

Very depressed after learning that. I love the Joker series.

User Info: Inhuman-Art

Inhuman-Art
4 weeks ago#6
desertman posted...
Monster Hunter Stories

desertman posted...
Monster Hunter Stories

Also yokai watch PS just make sure to play ps for awhile and if you want a good post game and don't want to buy the digital for the exclusives you can get two used copies, one fleshy the other boney and link them and return. But eventually it's good to buy the other two for the digital bonus. Robo is cool. Plus it's actually pretty fun, and I don't play much outside of Pokemon and monster Hunter. It's quite good
Conceptual Artist and Avid Gamer

User Info: PolkaGnome

PolkaGnome
4 weeks ago#7
Only thing I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is Monster Rancher DS and Fossil Fighters. I never tried the latter though come to think of it, so no clue how good it is. Monster Rancher is a bit different than Pokemon, DQM, etc. but it's a lot of fun if you get into it (though I really didn't like a couple of mechanics in the DS title; Monster Rancher Advance 1 and 2 remain my favorites because of it, especially MRA2).

While it's not strictly a monster raising/training game, you can recruit nearly every monster species in Rune Factory IV. Might be worth a look if you don't mind something a bit different.
"Never underestimate this place's ability to talk about stupid crap and it's willingness to do so." -Tildepon
MHGen: Wren - HR7 Bow main; learning HH

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
4 weeks ago#8
Yokai Watch? Digimon World DS, Digimon World Sun/Moon (yeah they did that before Pokemon).
PSN ID: Adamight 3DS Friend Code:0061-4706-8830

User Info: Cocco

Cocco
4 weeks ago#9
Monster hunter stories
Yo-kai watch
Digimon
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker series

Much different mechanics, but to a certain extent the various Shin Megami Tensei entries and Yu-Gi-Oh games have a few similarities.

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
4 weeks ago#10
Cocco posted...
Monster hunter stories
Yo-kai watch
Digimon
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker series

Much different mechanics, but to a certain extent the various Shin Megami Tensei entries and Yu-Gi-Oh games have a few similarities.

The Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship games are exceptional especially the 5D's entries. Wonderfully constructed story with a s*** load of customisation and variation as well as endless levels of content.

You can also get Strongest Duelist on 3DS through... not so legitimate means but it too is a very good game.
PSN ID: Adamight 3DS Friend Code:0061-4706-8830
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Monster training games besides pokemon? 3ds or DS works

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived