Trying to get back into 3DS. Good game recommendations?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Trying to get back into 3DS. Good game recommendations?

User Info: Toadsworth

Toadsworth
1 month ago#1
The main game I had been playing for the longest time is Smash Brothers. Though I stopped playing that too for about 2 years. Just recently started playing Mario Party games with my SO, as she also had a 3DS that has been collecting dust.

So, two things. What are the best local multiplayer games? She isn't that much into videogames, so things easy for her, I suppose. She likes stuff like Mario Party, Mario Kart, and such. So I know Mario Party, Kart, Smash...maybe Animal Crossing.

Secondly, since she doesn't play as often as I, what are some of the best single player games as well? Aside from when she isn't playing, I have just been playing Super Mario 3D Land. Thinking of trying NSMB2, as I loved the first.

I would really like a long, enjoyable, story driven game or two, though. One that I can get immersed in and lose time, take my mind off my worries, etc. Though, also do enjoy quick pick up and play games, that you can play for 30 mins and put down.

Thanks.
It's a brave new world, Fiona.

User Info: WeaverSerawl

WeaverSerawl
1 month ago#2
Dragon Ball Fusions is pretty worth checking out, even if you aren't a fan of the show.
Bertha Hippo for Super Smash Bros. on Switch!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCZQHxDZmCk&t=3s

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
1 month ago#3
Long Story based?

Hmm Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology, one of the Shin Megami Tensei Titles(IV and overclocked for the best story, while Devil Survivor 2, and Apocalypse refine the gameplay but have arguably worse Stories in comparison) might be a good bet. Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga DX is a solid choice too if you want something more zany and humorous. Most 3DS story based games are RPGs.

Fire Emblem is good too. Awakening has a solid enough story for most people and the characters are enjoyable. Fates Story is...a mess but the gameplay (primarily in Conquest) is a lot better. Echoes probably had the best story and gameplay but the gameplay is a bit archaic at times(though it does have some neat features that set it apart from other fire emblems too)

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is one of the most story focused 3DS games(N3DS only)

Ace Attorney Trilogy would be a good bet too and I strongly recommend the Zero Escspe series(starts with nine persons, nine doors,nine hours on DS and continues with two more 3DS games.)

Though the Zero escape games aren’t really too long.

As for pick up and play...depends. Picross e series is good If you like puzzles. A platformer is also a solid choice. I recommend Poochy and Yoshi’s Wooly World as a great platformer and both Kirby games are good choices too. Story of Seasons Trio of towns, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call also good if you like farming type games and rhythm games.
https://i.imgur.com/cfZmEFd.gif Even In sigs FOE!
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: Metastase

Metastase
1 month ago#4
"I would really like a long, enjoyable, story driven game or two, though. One that I can get immersed in and lose time, take my mind off my worries, etc. Though, also do enjoy quick pick up and play games, that you can play for 30 mins and put down."

Rune Factory 4 can be both (and more) simultaneously. Your 1st playthrough is the former, after which you unlock harder difficulty modes, sprite swap options, New Game+, NO EXP (for locked Lv.1 challenge runs), etc...at which point it can be played as an arcade-style, top down ARPG, that plays like a mix of Zelda and Megaman X. All of these difficulty tuning options enable you to play it more like a casual hack and slash, brutal reflex-based/pattern recognition + bullet-hell ARPG hybrid, or anything in-between.

User Info: ecylis

ecylis
1 month ago#5
QQGG posted...
I would really like a long, enjoyable, story driven game or two, though. One that I can get immersed in and lose time, take my mind off my worries, etc.

Ace Attorney Trilogy, along with the rest of the series. Trilogy is good enough and conclusive enough to stand on its own though

They're cheap to begin with but they frequently go on sale. You can easily get the entire series for as little as $50
http://i.imgur.com/UgOcJQG.jpg

User Info: pancrada

pancrada
1 month ago#6
If you don't mind DS games, Dragon Quest V has one of the best storys of all the games playable on 3ds in my opinion.

User Info: Toadsworth

Toadsworth
1 month ago#7
Is Radiant Historia related to Radiata Stories?
It's a brave new world, Fiona.

User Info: GameKing59

GameKing59
1 month ago#8
Perhaps these games might be your cup of tea.

1.The Legend Of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
2.Tales Of The Abyss
3.CastleVania: Lords Of Shadow - Mirror Of Fate
4.Yo-Kai Watch
5.LBX: Little Battlers eXperience
6.Resident Evil: Revelations
7.Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
8.Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

User Info: Blue Bomber 99

Blue Bomber 99
1 month ago#9
QQGG posted...
Is Radiant Historia related to Radiata Stories?

Unfortunately not, I loved Radiata Stories, Radiant Historia not so much.

User Info: MageDragonfire

MageDragonfire
1 month ago#10
I would really like a long, enjoyable, story driven game or two, though. One that I can get immersed in and lose time, take my mind off my worries, etc.

Radiant Historia definitely fits the bill for that, though. It's one of my favourite RPGs. (But, no, it's not related to Radiata Stories, just has a similar name.)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Trying to get back into 3DS. Good game recommendations?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived