Why Relatively So Few Atlus Games For The 3ds?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Why Relatively So Few Atlus Games For The 3ds?

User Info: gatsbyy

gatsbyy
5 months ago#1
Compared to the DS there were not a whole lot of games. Overall excellent games although Princess of Code and Conception 2 were not favs of mine. They had on the ds more puzzle games, strategy games especially.

Why not Drone Tactics 2 (underrated odd game which I liked), more Super Robot games, another Dark Spire. Oh and where is another Summon Night?

I know many they just distributed like Drone Tactics. Vita got another Super Robot game.

Also they had other nonseries games (I believe) like Knights of the Round (?) and Rondo of Swords

Also Luminous Arc 3 would be nice. I assume Stella Glow is the new LA.

User Info: yab

yab
5 months ago#2
Since you're talking about games Atlus didn't develop themselves, my guess it's because it's easier for indies to publish themselves nowadays. They might still go with a publisher if they want a physical release, but otherwise they don't have to.

Sequels to existing games would be up to the devs.

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
5 months ago#3
None of the games in your post were made by Atlus.

If you're asking about why Atlus doesn't publish as many games, it's because they were bought by SEGA.
Anyone can believe in the truth. To believe in nonsense is a demonstration of loyalty... it serves as a uniform.
And if you have a uniform, you have an army.

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
5 months ago#4
gatsbyy posted...

LA3 exists, it just never got localized. Stella Glow is LA4 in everything but name, and was the last game before the developer ImageEpoch went bankrupt. Neither of which were made by Atlus.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
5 months ago#5
lukeskywalker66 posted...
None of the games in your post were made by Atlus.

If you're asking about why Atlus doesn't publish as many games, it's because they were bought by SEGA.

Also its a tougher market for low-mid budget games at retail than it used to be.

A lot of the little stuff DS got either died out, moved to PC/smartphones and/or is self published digitally.

That said aside from a bunch of Etrian Odyssey and Megaten Atlus has also done on 3DS...

Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology(developed)
Alliance Alive
Legend of Legacy
Code of Princess
Mahjong Cub3d
Stella Glow
Attack on Titan Humanity in chains
Conception 2
Citizens of Earth
https://i.imgur.com/cfZmEFd.gif Even In sigs FOE!
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: myopicmirror

myopicmirror
5 months ago#6
As others have pointed out, those games were not made by Atlus, merely published by them. Atlus publishes many titles for smaller companies, some of those companies don't exist anymore and others only make 1 or 2 games every couple of years.

gatsbyy posted...
Oh and where is another Summon Night?

I believe the company that made them was bought by Bandai Namco and they were not interested in bringing the titles here, but Gaijinworks is publishing them in North America now. They released Summon Night 5 for the PSP a few years ago. Summon Night 6 was released last year for PS4 and PSVita and is pretty cheap on Amazon.

gatsbyy posted...

Imageepoch filed for bankruptcy in 2015, Stella Glow was kind of their last hurrah.

gatsbyy posted...
Rondo of Swords

Made by Success, according to Wikipedia, they've only made 3 games in the past 5 years, two of which were on the 3DS in Japan and never released here, the other being a web browser game.

gatsbyy posted...
Knights of the Round

If you mean Knights in the Nightmare, that was made by Sting Entertainment. The last game they released here (also published by Atlus) was Dungeon Travelers 2 for the PSVita in 2015.

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
5 months ago#7
Atlus isn't the only company that has made good rpg games for the Nintendo 3 DS

There's also XSEED, Natsume, and another company I forgot the name of.

Good stuff such as Lord of Magna, 7Th Dragon, Rune Factory 3, stella glow, Conception II, and others

User Info: nemerz

nemerz
5 months ago#8
i wish dark spire was still a thing. i remember it being published by atlus and was quite sad it didn't get a 3ds sequel.

other than that, i think atlus has supported the 3ds a LOT: a bunch of smt titles, a bunch of eo games, new franchises in the form of persona q or etrian mystery dungeon, and a bunch of other low-brow rpg games like conception or 7th dragon. they did a lot more than other huge publishers out there (looking at you square enix without a covenant of the plume or final fantasy sequels).

so i know where you're coming from compared to the ds, but tbh the ds was a beast with a steallar colleection all around. the 3ds was less supported from all developpers alike.

User Info: yab

yab
5 months ago#9
Dark Spire was also from Success, checked their website and now all they do is browser game after browser game.

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
5 months ago#10
Mm, I haven't played many of their 3DS games, methinks, but from what I have played they did have some pretty decent games. Stella Glow was a pretty great game (though I know some would disagree) and I loved the music/songs in this game more than any other game in quite awhile honestly.

As for Luminous Arc 3, I believe that's a regular Nintendo DS game..and fans still haven't translated the game after all these years, that I know of. ; x

...I remember Rondo of Swords. That game kinda pissed me off because of how unforgiving it was. Though I played it quite a long time ago (8+ years ago, I think) so I don't know how I'd fair with it now.

Conception 2's character arcs were pretty good if you did them all the way through, but the game is really...perverted at times. (which is a good thing for some I know.)
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Why Relatively So Few Atlus Games For The 3ds?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived