Which RPG should I focus on playing first?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which RPG should I focus on playing first?

User Info: DanF2000

DanF2000
6 months ago#1
So I got Fire Emblem Awakening and Bravely Default on Friday, and already have 8 other Pokemon games to complete (FRLG, HGSS, Pt, BW, BW2, XY, ORAS, SM, USUM) along with a recently bought Rune Factory 4. I was wondering which of these games would you suggest I focus on playing first? (just finished Ultra Sun quickly so I could start shiny hunting) Thanks in advance!
3DS FC: 3239 - 7793 - 1922
IGN: Daniel

User Info: deathguise950

deathguise950
6 months ago#2
HGSS -> BD -> BW -> BW2 -> FRLG -> RF4 -> ORAS -> XY -> Pt -> SM -> FE:A
Miss you already bud

User Info: Bahamut_10th

Bahamut_10th
6 months ago#3
You're going to get sick if you play a bunch of Pokemon games in a row. Start with a Pokemon and end with another. Sandwich them around non Pokemon RPGs.
Yoshiaki Koizumi should replace Eiji Aonuma as producer of Zelda.

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
6 months ago#4
And avoid playing XY. You'll thank me later.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife - https://i.imgur.com/0WS6lzW.jpg

DanF2000
6 months ago#5
Bahamut_10th posted...
You're going to get sick if you play a bunch of Pokemon games in a row. Start with a Pokemon and end with another. Sandwich them around non Pokemon RPGs.

Thanks! I've got a load of 360 games to play as well (Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Transformers Devastation, Darksiders 2, 3 AC games and more) along with some Switch games like BotW, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Post game/New game plus, Stardew Valley, Pokemon Tournament DX, Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. So yeah, it's unlikely that I'll get burnt out by Pokemon. By the way, what are your thoughts on the previous list by DeathGuise950? (considering playing in that order

User Info: piranhapete

piranhapete
6 months ago#6
My favorite Pokemon titles goes HGSS > ORAS > BW2 > FRLG > Pt > BW > XY if that helps at all
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen! So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.
Birdo deserves a bigger role in the Mario series!

DanF2000
6 months ago#7
deathguise950 posted...
HGSS -> BD -> BW -> BW2 -> FRLG -> RF4 -> ORAS -> XY -> Pt -> SM -> FE:A

Thanks! Any reasoning behind this order? Also, where would you put Ultra Moon in? (doing an Egglocke in either Sun or Ultra Moon, and whichever one I don't do it in, either a nuzlocke, wonderlocke or monotype)

DanF2000
6 months ago#8
Ok, so I'm considering either two choices:

HGSS > Pt > BW > BW2 > XY > ORAS > Sun > FRLG > Ultra Moon, with the other games slotted in somewhere in between/games to play to avoid being burnt out by Pokemon

Either that or the order mentioned earlier: HGSS > BW > BW2 > FRLG > ORAS > XY > Pt > Sun, again, with the other games slotted in somewhere.

User Info: gbpackers

gbpackers
6 months ago#9
I'd say go by the year the game releases for Pokemon.
Arizona Cardinals cheated in the OT game. The coin flipping controversy as well. We've been cheated by the NFL. - 2016

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
6 months ago#10
I’d go with Bravely.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which RPG should I focus on playing first?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived