Super Smash Bros for 3DS/WiiU Second Midair Jump?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Super Smash Bros for 3DS/WiiU Second Midair Jump?

User Info: Finnavanilla

Finnavanilla
6 months ago#1
I'm just getting back into Smash 4, and I noticed something strange while playing against the cpu- characters having two midair jumps when they're supposed to only have one. I always ruled it as me imagining it before, but this time it was with a Yoshi so it appeared clear; is this a tech that I'm just unaware of?
In the linked video you'll see me knock Yoshi back, he jumps away once, and then right before he gets hit he jumps again, without touching the ground. It's not a footstool because it would've made the animation/sound, and he doesn't touch the ground.

https://imgur.com/a/cc7Jj

Any input?

User Info: CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher
6 months ago#2
It’s a footstool. The mechanics for it are quite janky...
FC 1504 5709 4054

User Info: Finnavanilla

Finnavanilla
6 months ago#3
CrimsonSmasher posted...
It’s a footstool. The mechanics for it are quite janky...

Even though there wasn't an animation or sound? Plus he started rising before he got on top of me, and he jumped way higher than a normal footstool

User Info: CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher
6 months ago#4
Yeah. Like I said, footstools don’t make any damn sense lol.
FC 1504 5709 4054

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
6 months ago#5
It's kinda like a phantom footstool, it happens when the one getting footstooled is doing something so the animation doesn't trigger, but the other player still gets the boost, happens a ton.
3DS FC: 3711-7972-2938

User Info: CaiusQualls

CaiusQualls
6 months ago#6
That was just a normal double jump, he kept dairing while doing them. He never lost his jump since he landed before you hit him with Roy's fsmash.

shinyspheal
6 months ago#7
He did a double jump after landing, besides, that other jump was much higher and lacked the flutter animation, it was a footstool.

User Info: thelastgogeta

thelastgogeta
6 months ago#8
Double jumps and footstools both have unique animations to make it easy to tell apart from normal ones, but I guess the game doesn't have a tutorial on every mechanic (nor does any fighting game).

Here are two good videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=065673B3osg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS46kkk6SBg
Bring E.X. Troopers (PS3 + 3DS) West! E.D.N 3rd Adventure!
www.capcom-unity.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/30030505

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
5 months ago#9
CaiusQualls posted...
That was just a normal double jump, he kept dairing while doing them. He never lost his jump since he landed before you hit him with Roy's fsmash.

^ That's what I saw.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg

shinyspheal
5 months ago#10
Yes, he did a double jump, but after that yoshi goes near Roy and jumps again, abnormally high and then does a d-air.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Super Smash Bros for 3DS/WiiU Second Midair Jump?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived