Best Mystery Dungeon game on 3DS?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Best Mystery Dungeon game on 3DS?

User Info: SynchroTooBasic

SynchroTooBasic
6 months ago#1
Pokemon wise, Gates to Infinity or Super Mystery Dungeon?

As for others I only know of Etrian Mystery Dungeon which is supposed to be pretty fun.

The plot of Super Mystery Dungeon starts off so slow and the pacing overall is kind of poor, but the gameplay and the soundtrack is fantastic.

Is gates to infinity just as fun? How is that game's soundtrack?
Synchro summons were the start of the decline in quality. With pendulum and xyz being the finishing blow. Keep DL vanilla, keep DL good.

User Info: Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder
6 months ago#2
I've only played demos of the others, but I thoroughly enjoyed my play-through of PSMD.
FC: 2724-1435-8055 - IGN: PSI_BLUE
PK FREEZE! PK TREES! PK FLEAS! PK MIIS! PK WHEEZE! PK FEES! PK KNEES! PK PEES!

User Info: MineralPlusBox

MineralPlusBox
6 months ago#3
I only played Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and really enjoyed it. The plot was great and good surprise after the "slow" beginning. I didn't really mind the beginning plot like most people seem to on here.
I put in 122 hours and got every pokemon, all treasures and visited every dungeon.

User Info: AsunaSAOYuuki

AsunaSAOYuuki
6 months ago#4
I really likes GoI, but I've enjoyed all of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZUi9xKY8X8
^^^Still one of my favorite P4 tracks!
Questionmarktarius 6 months ago#5
Lufia: The Legend Returns

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
6 months ago#6
Well explorers of sky is technically on 3ds so that. Compared to sky, super is garbadge that calls you a child every 5 minutes
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: Erukia

Erukia
6 months ago#7
Explorers of the Sky.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
New Leaf Dream Address: 5D00 - 0075 - B871

User Info: Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh
6 months ago#8
Ben111 posted...
Well explorers of sky is technically on 3ds so that. Compared to sky, super is garbadge that calls you a child every 5 minutes

Sky first half of the plot is even worse and Super MD at least has good QoL and mechanics that doesnt cater to idiots
Your heart is as clean as your toilet.

User Info: HyperonicX

HyperonicX
6 months ago#9
I enjoyed Gates, but found Super to be boring. Didn't help that your "partner" was an annoying idiot in Super.

For DS, Blue Rescue Team I enjoyed, while I abhor Time/Darkness/Sky. Story made my blood boil.

So I recommend both Blue Rescue Team and Gates to Infinity.
I hate the term "Git gud". Should someone say it, I will not acknowledge their opinion.
Playing: Fantasy Life, Apollo Justice (3DS version)

User Info: Second_Chances

Second_Chances
6 months ago#10
Gates has nice story and characters for PMD, and a neat side attraction with base building, but is blatantly lacking in gameplay with a tiny Pokemon roster and some simplified mechanics that go beyond streamlining into straight up dumbed down

Super has great dungeon crawling, but the general structure of the game is neutered with the new recruitment and mission systems, and the story is some of the worst s*** I've ever seen in a video game

Etrian Mystery Dungeon is buggy and poorly designed but I hear the currently unlocalized EMD2 fixes everything and makes the concept work

so I guess Super because the core dungeon crawling is actually great but everything else about the game is excruciating, if you like PMD for the story play Gates instead
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Best Mystery Dungeon game on 3DS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived