• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What's the deal about a 2DS not being able to play some games?

User Info: Toadsworth

Toadsworth
9 months ago#1
Or that it can play them, but it's really slow and laggy? I just have a 2DS Crystal Red, but am thinking of getting a new 2DS XL, for the flip down feature, as well as hearing that it can play the games better.

Though tight on money, so if this isn't true, then I may not.

Also I heard it's just more comfortable and cramping isn't as bad?
It's a brave new world, Fiona.

User Info: azure_sky

azure_sky
9 months ago#2
I’m tight on cash too, but I’m considering getting the new 2ds xl. The only exclusives I know for new 2ds/3ds is xenoblade chronicles and the binding of issac? (I think, don’t quote me). For me personally I have to play xenoblade chronicles maybe you do too? Or not? I couldn’t tell you the difference in specs though i’d Imagine the new 2ds has greater resolution and brightness
PSN: thesirenson

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
9 months ago#3
Resolution is the same on all 3DS models, meaning the non-XL models' smaller screens are actually sharper and less pixelated. The performance boost only affects a handful of games; the most noticeable being Pokemon and Hyrule Warriors. (There are a few more but I can't recall. Anything that runs in extended RAM mode is usually a good culprit.) The Old 2DS is also the most ergonomic, fitting into your hands just like a GBA would, but again the difference is relatively minor.
Anyone can believe in the truth. To believe in nonsense is a demonstration of loyalty... it serves as a uniform.
And if you have a uniform, you have an army.

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
9 months ago#4
lukeskywalker66 posted...
Resolution is the same on all 3DS models, meaning the non-XL models' smaller screens are actually sharper and less pixelated. The performance boost only affects a handful of games; the most noticeable being Pokemon and Hyrule Warriors. (There are a few more but I can't recall. Anything that runs in extended RAM mode is usually a good culprit.) The Old 2DS is also the most ergonomic, fitting into your hands just like a GBA would, but again the difference is relatively minor.

I think smash bros and mh4u would also benefit from the improved hardware. But both games work just fine on the older models.

So yes, some games would benefit from the better hardware, but it's not necessary.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

User Info: sanjeust

sanjeust
9 months ago#5
The only games it can't play are the few New 3DS games. The only notable ones being:

- Xenoblade Chronicles
- Fire Emblem Warriors
- Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Also for some reason the SNES downloadable games are restricted to New 3DS/2DS systems.

The rest plays just fine.

I have one.
"I'm confident that, if there's a real problem [with climate change], He [God] can take care of it." - Michigan Republican congressman Tim Walberg LOL
(message deleted)

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
9 months ago#7
I think I saw a video of SNES games being brute forced to run on the regular 3DS.

The results weren't pretty.

User Info: seanskate

seanskate
9 months ago#8
I got a new 2dsxl. The screens are much brighter than the 2ds, especially he top screen since it isn’t tucked in way to deep.

Games run a little smoother, card slot cover is nice, battery life is still crap on anything but old roms. It’s nice and lihtweight.
PSN: ClickyButton XBL: ClickyButton

User Info: sanjeust

sanjeust
8 months ago#9
Sailor_Razor posted...
I think I saw a video of SNES games being brute forced to run on the regular 3DS.

The results weren't pretty.

The PSP seems to run them pretty well.
"I'm confident that, if there's a real problem [with climate change], He [God] can take care of it." - Michigan Republican congressman Tim Walberg LOL

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
8 months ago#10
Isn't PSP more powerful at traditional 2D sprite graphics than 3DS?
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1124-lums-ufo-comedy-anime-and-manga
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What's the deal about a 2DS not being able to play some games?
  • Topic Archived