Nintendo Repair Question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Nintendo Repair Question

User Info: Sh4d0wM0nk3y713

Sh4d0wM0nk3y713
6 months ago#1
Hey! I'm considering sending my 3ds off to be repaired and I'm curious if anyone knew how much it would cost, roughly.

Info that may or may not matter:
•It is a New Nintendo 3DS XL
•No warranty (even if there was one, it would've already ran out)
•"B" and the right trigger register 50% of the time
•"X" no longer registers

If anyone has an idea of how much it would cost, let me know! Thanks in advance!
Proud Co-Mayor of the "ACNL and ACNL WA Guild"
Fire Emblem Heroes: Peri enthusiast

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
6 months ago#2
I'd guess around $80.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

User Info: xoftheuniverse

xoftheuniverse
6 months ago#3
I would advise a few things.

1 DO NOT SEND IT TO SYRACUSE! Use the other repair center because the people at United Radio are idiots.

2 If you have a limited edition 3DS they may not be able to fix the same one and guarantee the custom design so I wouldn't have it repaired.

3 Consider pricing first. Call them and ask the price. Then look into the places you can get a replacement including the refurbished ones Nintendo sells on their site.
The following terms are used by the people they describe: fanboy, noob, scrub, kiddy.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse

User Info: BinBinricecake

BinBinricecake
6 months ago#4
As a user stated, get a refurbished if you can. Usually cheaper (unless it some LE edition 3ds). At least with your 3ds, you just need the A and B buttons to do the transfer operations.

Unless you really like your current 3ds, make sure who ever is repairing it is trustworthy.
I'm slowly learning that the gamefaqs main boards is not a place for discussion, this is a place for sad lonely attention seekers to go and pick fights.

User Info: soetem

soetem
6 months ago#5
I also have to say send it to Washington state not the Syracuse place. It's been many years since I sent a 3ds for repair but when I did because I was in NY they sent it to Syracuse and it was a back and forth like 3 times before they sent it to the other one which actually fixed the problem. The final guy I spoke to at Nintendo also insisted that I accept a free game for my trouble. Syracuse sent my system back with a scratch on the top screen that was not there before, then they sent it back and the bottom screen border whatever it would be called was actually loose and squeaky like glue was not sticking or something. Washington place not only fixed the issue but extended the bumpers on the top half so it no longer touched the bottom. Yeah this was back in those og days.
Rings do nothing unless worn!

User Info: Sh4d0wM0nk3y713

Sh4d0wM0nk3y713
6 months ago#6
Thanks for the help, everyone! I'll definitely make sure to send it to Washington, rather than Syracuse! Lol
Proud Co-Mayor of the "ACNL and ACNL WA Guild"
Fire Emblem Heroes: Peri enthusiast
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Nintendo Repair Question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived