How can people think a link to the past is better than a link between worlds?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How can people think a link to the past is better than a link between worlds?

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
4 months ago#1
Link between worlds took everythimg about link to the past and make it a million times better
It has way better
Music
Controls
Story
Visuals
Hero mode
Stamina/magic system
Dungeon system
Characters(actual people and not just some random girl for the sages)
Like it has to be nostalgia cause link to the last is super arachic and outfated compared to a link between worlds which is the best 2d zelda to date
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
4 months ago#2
Next up : The remake of Total Recall is better than the original.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: TheDuskwalker

TheDuskwalker
4 months ago#3
Salocool posted...
Next up : The remake of Total Recall is better than the original.

Given A Link Between Worlds is more of A Force Awakens kind of thing on the nostalgia train, while Total Recall was a remake in name on the box only, this may have been the worse snarky reply I've ever seen.

I'll let it slide if you've never tortured yourself to sit through that movie and just made this remark based on seeing it panned by everyone that did torture themselves.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
4 months ago#4
TheDuskwalker posted...
if you've never tortured yourself to sit through that movi

I'm not that dumb, it was self-evident from the trailer how horrid the movie would be.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
4 months ago#5
Psst. It's called personal taste.
I'm a chick

User Info: TheDuskwalker

TheDuskwalker
4 months ago#6
Salocool posted...
TheDuskwalker posted...
if you've never tortured yourself to sit through that movi

I'm not that dumb, it was self-evident from the trailer how horrid the movie would be.

I saw it on TV once, I made it through about 15 minutes.

User Info: kalvador

kalvador
4 months ago#7
To me, item rental is the culprit.
Some people get rich studying artificial intelligence. Me, I make money studying natural stupidity.
- Carl Icahn

User Info: LeFeverBeaver

LeFeverBeaver
4 months ago#8
Nostalgia glasses. ALBW is objectively better in just about every way. But people are remembering how great being young was, not the game itself, so there you have it.
Twitter/Twitch: @UglyBunnyJase - https://www.youtube.com/user/zakhansonfan
[Gigabyte Z170, i5-6600, MSI GTX 1080ti] - Switch - PS4 - XBone - Vita - 3DS - SNES

User Info: Bahamut_10th

Bahamut_10th
4 months ago#9
Chibi graphics translate horrendously to 3D. The models in ALBW look just plain silly with Link looking like an adult dwarf with a kid’s voice, the game’s world looks 10x cuter in comparison.
ALBW cuts the between-dungeon content so thin it feels overall much shorter than ALttP.
The item rental came at the price of dungeon treasures not being as exciting. Instead of being excited for whatever new gadget you’re about to get all you get are sword upgrade materials.
The item rental is also the primary reason content is cut thin. In ALttP some of the items had to be found in the overworld outside dungeons.
Powerful items are incredibly easy to abuse.
Personally felt like the wall merging gimmick was forgettable.
Didn’t care for how Yuya was another stereotypical flamboyant looking bad guy when we had Ghirahim a Zelda ago.
Yoshiaki Koizumi should replace Eiji Aonuma as producer of Zelda.

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
4 months ago#10
I've yet to play* either. I expect to start with LttP though. And for the record, I haven't seen the original Total Recall yet, but I mean to. Netflix was kind enough to provide the remake, at least.

* I have actually played LttP, but not too far in. Now that I can get it off VC, I will. All I need is time to play it, which is usually the delicious first world problem.
A gentleman will walk, but never run
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How can people think a link to the past is better than a link between worlds?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived