Can a 3DS go through an X ray scanner

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can a 3DS go through an X ray scanner

User Info: Nathbuds123

Nathbuds123
6 months ago#1
I know this is a silly question probably but I haven't gone on a plane in years and I just wanted to know if a 3DS can safely pass through an xray scanner?
Pokemon List: http://tinyurl.com/p4hwnje
Friend Code: 0216-0991-4911, Pokemon Sun IGN: Nathaniel

User Info: jayj350

jayj350
6 months ago#2
I am pretty sure any electronic can without issues, it is pretty much only stuff like film that you gotta worry about.
This is my signature

User Info: elitepeach

elitepeach
6 months ago#3
Yes. I just went on a flight last year; my 3DS was fine.
3DS FC: 0903-2759-4717

User Info: Destiny_Star

Destiny_Star
6 months ago#4
As the above poster said, it is really fine. I also went on a flight a month ago. My N3DS is fine.
You believe in Destiny? First, believe in yourself...

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
6 months ago#5
Basic electronics like game systems, laptops, phones and the like, should go through without any problems...unless you have something suspicious in them that isn't normally supposed to be there, of course.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: Tino_Tonitini2

Tino_Tonitini2
6 months ago#6
I brought my 3DS with me to jury duty two weeks ago and it went through the scanner twice (I left the courthouse during lunch). It seems fine.

I don't know if the scanners at airports are significantly different than the kind my 3DS went through though.

User Info: PsychicRutabaga

PsychicRutabaga
6 months ago#7
Yup, I've been on many flights with my 3DS and no problem with the TSA scanners.

Fun Note: Airports are still one of the few places you can get StreetPasses. I've picked up more than a few from other countries walking through the concourses with my 3DS on and in sleep mode. The Boingo wireless service at many airports functions as a StreetPass relay so you can usually get a batch, although even these have slowed down as of my last flight.
"Belly up, comrades, and let Korgan flail the bladder for a spell." - Korgan, Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn

User Info: desaigamon

desaigamon
6 months ago#8
PsychicRutabaga posted...
Yup, I've been on many flights with my 3DS and no problem with the TSA scanners.

Fun Note: Airports are still one of the few places you can get StreetPasses. I've picked up more than a few from other countries walking through the concourses with my 3DS on and in sleep mode. The Boingo wireless service at many airports functions as a StreetPass relay so you can usually get a batch, although even these have slowed down as of my last flight.

The relay helps for sure, but just the fact that airports are always packed full of people makes the chances of StreetPassing others fairly high. Even if the airport you visit uses a wireless service that isn't compatible as a relay, you'll probably still get plenty of hits.
NNID: HonestCarl 3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838
Now Playing: Metroid Samus Returns (3DS), Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), Final Fantasy XV (Xbox One)

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
6 months ago#9
Dulles (Washington DC) and Cleveland weren't as productive as I'd have liked last October, but I think I still walked away with a handful of tags. Probably random hits rather than a relay.
A gentleman will walk, but never run
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can a 3DS go through an X ray scanner

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived