Do you prefer the N3DS XL or N2DS XL?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do you prefer the N3DS XL or N2DS XL?

User Info: kryptonsson

kryptonsson
5 months ago#1
Does anyone care for the 3ds features also doesn't the 3ds feature make the screen a little more crisp?

Thoughts sound off!
Hey Hey PC game erryday

User Info: Blue Bomber 99

Blue Bomber 99
5 months ago#2
I may be in the minority here, but I love the 3D effect, at least on certain games. Unfortunately I never used it on 3DS XL because it worked so poorly, so I thought why miss a chance to get a device that has great 3D that works really well? I'm happy to say the N3DSXL has not disappointed, especially for games like LoZ OoT and MM, Luigi's Mansion, Mario 3D Land, Star Fox 64, Animal Crossing, and quite a few others I'm sure that I haven't tried out yet with it. I really liked the layout and structure of the 3DSXL, so I love that this one is more of the same, I'm really glad I chose it.

I definitely considered the N2DSXL, but since the N3DSXL was nearly the same price when I got it on sale and I already had a charger, I couldn't see any reason to sacrifice the 3D power. I've played around with one and while it is a slick little device, and super light, I also felt that it was a little more of a budget console to me in structure and quality. Reminded me of slim PS3 vs. Super Slim PS3, though both Super Slim and N2DSXL have their advantages even if they are a little but budget conscious.

kryptonsson
5 months ago#3
I picked up both myself and am trying to decide out of the two of them. I mean got my 2DS XL for free and it should be a no brainer. Also the clarity just looks a little sharper in 3D too.
Hey Hey PC game erryday

User Info: Blue Bomber 99

Blue Bomber 99
5 months ago#4
Definitely agree with that, some games just seem to look like they were made to be played that way. It's really an immersive experience if everything is clicking correctly.

User Info: Rittu

Rittu
5 months ago#5
Some games I just have to play with the 3D effect on, otherwise the game looks kind of crappy (Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, for instance). Other games just look really good in 3D (AC: New Leaf). Most of the time though, I just play with the 3D off. I like having that option there, none the less.
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, SMT Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

User Info: GameFaceClive

GameFaceClive
5 months ago#6
I own both a N2DSXL and a N3DS and the difference in build quality and tactility of the buttons is very obvious. On the N2DSXL, the buttons are clicky and noisy. However, I love the combination of the big screens and light weight of the N2DSXL as my play sessions usually last for several hours.

I guess we can't have everything. I'd still choose the N2DSXL as my preferred console though.
One does not simply pen a quote.

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
5 months ago#7
I'd choose the New 3DS XL over the New 2DS XL, if only for the 3D ability alone. Don't get me wrong; 3D effect "rarely" makes me believe it is impressive (honestly, I feel like only the older 3DS games actually tried to make good use of the 3D for more than just aesthetics) nor do I use it that often, but the option to use it during more relaxed games where it's easy to focus is good, as it seems to make the graphics...sharper? I don't know what word I want to use there. Seems more durable and I like the shiny coat (of paint?) that it has over the New 2DS line.

I get the impression based on several other people's responses that the New 2DS line is less durable and made of cheaper parts or something. If that's true then I wonder if Nintendo did it purposely... Wasn't the point of New 2DS line in general is that it was made for parents who don't want their younger children using 3D since it might be harmful to their eyes? So, knowing this to be the case, instead of making it more durable, they made it less durable even though the target audience was seemingly younger children who would break things easier than older people. On top of this, the first 2DS wasn't able to be folded so the screen was exposed 24/7. Oh and the speakers blow sound at your nipples instead of in the general direction of your ears. Hm. Hm Nintendo.

Of course, I know older people buy it because its cheaper (and it comes with a charger, lol New 3DS XL), lighter, and arguably it looks better aesthetically as far as design goes, but yeah...oh and there's that thing where the SD card slot isn't stupidly hidden behind something you have to unscrew to get to.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

kryptonsson
5 months ago#8
Yeah I'm gonna play with the New 3DS XL (Picked one up for a $120 at gamestop) and see if I really want it. I have a New 2DS XL that I got for free. So I could easily sale it to justify the purchase. I will say one thing I do like better on the New 2DS XL is that it is lighter and IMO doesn't feel cheap at all as far as weight goes.
Hey Hey PC game erryday

User Info: jayj350

jayj350
5 months ago#9
3DS is clearly better because it also works as a 2D console, all you gotta do is turn the 3D all the way down. 2DS is literally just missing a feature.
This is my signature

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
5 months ago#10
jayj350 posted...
3DS is clearly better because it also works as a 2D console, all you gotta do is turn the 3D all the way down. 2DS is literally just missing a feature.

WRONG. The N2DS XL has a much sleeker and streamlined design, a more convenient SD card location, and the hatch keeps dust from getting in the game slot. It's so much better than that brick the N3DSXL

I couldn't care less about 3D effects. I got the N2DSXL to play modern and retro handheld games, 3D or not.
With great responsibility comes great power.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do you prefer the N3DS XL or N2DS XL?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived