Seeking opinions on a few 3DS games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Seeking opinions on a few 3DS games

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
4 weeks ago#11
The Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga remake is better than the original game in every way. I highly recommend it if you're a fan of the M&L games.

Besides, this allows you to play all 5 M&L games on one device.
With great responsibility comes great power.

User Info: MrAero

MrAero
4 weeks ago#12
RE Fire Emblem, I have also played and enjoyed Sacred Stones & Awakening.

M & L only played Bowser's Inside Story and Dream Team - enjoyed both, but vastly preferred BiS
Switch/PS4/3DS owner.
Formerly known as aeroblaster7.

User Info: AlphaDrogon

AlphaDrogon
4 weeks ago#13
You might not like SoV
It cut out a lot of elements that made Awakening and Conquest amazing. From amazing maps, gameplay mechanics, children characters, etc.

Imo SoV is the weakest of the 3DS FE entries
It's best to wait for the FE mainline Switch
"...cold as the breath of the ice dragon."
http://i.imgur.com/iOnPg0H.gif

User Info: SymphonicGlory

SymphonicGlory
4 weeks ago#14
Kirby Planet Robobot: Haven't played it myself mind ya, but I've only ever seen and heard good things about it.

Pokemon UltraSun: There's not enough new to justify buying it at full price. It's almost the same exact game with a story that is almost the exact same until the very end. And aside from the story, the new content just isn't enough either. So skip and wait for gen 8 on Switch.

Fire Emblem: Birthright: Depends on what you enjoyed from Conquest. Birthright has terrible writing and characters and the gameplay is overall easier than Conquest.
FC: 5112-4220-0277

User Info: Martin Pagan

Martin Pagan
4 weeks ago#15
Ever Oasis is terrible. Boring and repetitive. Combat is bad, item farming and shop restocking is tedious. The only thing the game has going for it is the nice graphics and adorable art style. Rune Factory 4 does it all better.
"Hagitori gomen!" - Junpei, Those who hunt elves
XBL/PSN gamertag: Poganin | FC: 1736 - 3208 - 7185

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
4 weeks ago#16
dragon quest 7- great retro rpg
dragon quest 8- another great retro style rpg but with a "modern" style
animal crossing- fun game to play in short bursts, can last all year
KPop

User Info: Black_Crusher

Black_Crusher
4 weeks ago#17
carljenk posted...
Dragon Quest 7
Dragon Quest 8

Resounding yes. Moreso 8 if you are unfamiliar with the series as 7 is probably one of the most difficult in the series (one of the best too though). Everyone loves 8 it's a beautiful cel shaded game with fantastic voice acting and great story, characters etc. Also you can see encounters on the map for both of these versions of the games cutting down on the randomness quite a bit

Agreed. Also the 3DS version has lots more content and changes for the better than the already good PS2 original. The only drawbacks are no orchestral soundtrack (which I don't mind), slight censorship (I can't see Jessica's video game asscheeks ohnoes!), and no little item icons on the menu (this is the only thing that stinks, though you'll see pictures of everything on the separate equip screen).

My guys are all level 99 currently, stuck at the Marcelo boss they throw at you in the post game. To make Yangus better I've been feeding him every STR / AGI / DEF / HP seed I've ever found and he has almost 900 HP and acts right behind Red most of the time too!
The DXF Games Insanity Bundle on Steam!
http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/3314

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#18
MrAero posted...
Just a few that I never got round to buying/playing. Looking to get some opinions on them.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Good, if a little dated in its gameplay.
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (I enjoyed Conquest - is the counterpart worth it?) Yes. Also, get Revelation after finishing both paths.
Ever Oasis No. Too bland.
Kirby Triple Deluxe Really good.
Kirby Planet Robobot Same.
Hey Pikmin No. Same as Ever Oasis.
Mario and Luigi Paper Jam It's mediocre.
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga The original version is better.
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon It's different from the first game, but I did enjoy it.
Pokemon UltraSun (Have Sun - is Ultra worth it or am I better off just waiting for Gen 8 on Switch?) If you did like Gen 7, why not?
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon Nope.
Dragon Quest 7
Dragon Quest 8
Layton's Mystery Journey (Love the Layton series) No. It's a PoS and a shame to the Layton franchise.
Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World It's a really cute and really good platformer. It's also a creative one, given you can make your own Yarn Yoshi in it.
Metroid Prime Federation Force NO.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf Have you played any AC?
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: MrAero

MrAero
4 weeks ago#19
Kirby and the Dragon Quest games seem like solid recommendations then.

In regards to UltraSun, I mainly play Pokemon for the competitive aspect. Not sure £40 is justifiable to spend on it given other games I want to get, especially with gen 8 already announced and the fact Showdown has the updates for the metagame for free.

Barely played any Animal Crossing - played a very small bit of Wild World (like an hour but then went back to Pokemon Diamond) and a bit of the phone one.
Switch/PS4/3DS owner.
Formerly known as aeroblaster7.

User Info: carljenk

carljenk
4 weeks ago#20
MrAero posted...
Kirby and the Dragon Quest games seem like solid recommendations then.

In regards to UltraSun, I mainly play Pokemon for the competitive aspect. Not sure £40 is justifiable to spend on it given other games I want to get, especially with gen 8 already announced and the fact Showdown has the updates for the metagame for free.

Barely played any Animal Crossing - played a very small bit of Wild World (like an hour but then went back to Pokemon Diamond) and a bit of the phone one.

Yeah man you can't go wrong with DQ8 if you like RPGs really. (Don't be overwhelmed when you get the ship. That's just when the world opens up. Party chat is your friend. Your companions will almost always guide you well in both DQ8 and DQ7. I hope you enjoy.
Sorry if my posts make you feel emotional. It is not my intent.
Make America Nazi-Free Again. #NoMoreNazis #Wolf2
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Seeking opinions on a few 3DS games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived