Seeking opinions on a few 3DS games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Seeking opinions on a few 3DS games

User Info: MrAero

MrAero
3 months ago#1
Just a few that I never got round to buying/playing. Looking to get some opinions on them.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (I enjoyed Conquest - is the counterpart worth it?)
Ever Oasis
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Kirby Planet Robobot
Hey Pikmin
Mario and Luigi Paper Jam
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Pokemon UltraSun (Have Sun - is Ultra worth it or am I better off just waiting for Gen 8 on Switch?)
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Dragon Quest 7
Dragon Quest 8
Layton's Mystery Journey (Love the Layton series)
Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World
Metroid Prime Federation Force
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Switch/PS4/3DS owner.
Formerly known as aeroblaster7.

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
3 months ago#2
Hey Pikmin - thought this was just okay
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga - good remake of the GBA classic. has some additional content w/ the Bowser Minions stuff
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - great sequel, kept me busy for a bit.
Metroid Prime Federation Force - I suggest Samus Returns if you don't have it already
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - My first, and probably last AC game. Not saying it's a bad game by any means, but not my type of game. Objectively, it's a solid game - easy to pick up and play.
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

MrAero
3 months ago#3
CanibusRtJ posted...
Hey Pikmin - thought this was just okay
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga - good remake of the GBA classic. has some additional content w/ the Bowser Minions stuff
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - great sequel, kept me busy for a bit.
Metroid Prime Federation Force - I suggest Samus Returns if you don't have it already
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - My first, and probably last AC game. Not saying it's a bad game by any means, but not my type of game. Objectively, it's a solid game - easy to pick up and play.

Thanks. I'm actually playing through Samus Returns atm. Never played the GBA version of SSS so I guess that one is definitely worth it?
Switch/PS4/3DS owner.

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
3 months ago#4
I'd say so. It's nice having practically every M&L game available on one system.

I haven't completed the remake just yet, but as far as I can tell, it's more or less a 1:1 remake - nothing was really taken out, outside of a cameo character - but he wasn't vital to the story or game at all.
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

User Info: carljenk

carljenk
3 months ago#5
Dragon Quest 7
Dragon Quest 8

Resounding yes. Moreso 8 if you are unfamiliar with the series as 7 is probably one of the most difficult in the series (one of the best too though). Everyone loves 8 it's a beautiful cel shaded game with fantastic voice acting and great story, characters etc. Also you can see encounters on the map for both of these versions of the games cutting down on the randomness quite a bit
Sorry if my posts make you feel emotional. It is not my intent.
Make America Nazi-Free Again. #NoMoreNazis #Wolf2

User Info: regdod

regdod
3 months ago#6
Kirby Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot are both surprisingly good, but I'd rate Robobot the better of the two and pretty much a must-play if like platformers/Kirby games. Triple Deluxe is a Nintendo Select though, so that's an advantage, but I say only get it if you're hankering for more Kirby after Planet Robobot.

I got Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World last month and enjoyed it a lot, even more than the first Yoshi's Island (which I played for the first time last year). I think it might be on sale right now too? Recommended

User Info: PolkaGnome

PolkaGnome
3 months ago#7
Kirby Planet Robobot is great if you enjoy Kirby games in general, or simply 2D platformers (like all Kirby games it's on the easy side, but still really fun). Haven't tried Triple Deluxe yet, so no comment.

Luigi's Mansion is great; I didn't really expect to like it much at all, but it's incredibly fun (albeit in small doses for me). I never played the first game on the GC so I didn't really have anything to compare it to, but it's a lot of fun trying to figure out everything you can interact with and search for all the collectables.

Dragon Quest VII and VIII, if you like old-school JRPGs, then yes, yes, yes. If you've never played a game in the series avoid VII until after you become a fan, it's a very polarizing title as it has an exceedingly slow pace at the beginning as well as a fairly unusual story structure, but even with that being said it's an excellent game (just a really bad way to be introduced to the series). DQVIII has a more normal pace and story structure, and features full 3D graphics, voiceovers, and has no traditional 'overworld' map much like modern Tales games or FFXII. DQVIII is regarded rather highly both by longtime fans of the series as well as newcomers, while VII is almost exclusively enjoyed by longtime fans (and not all of them, to be fair). I personally prefer VII, but I can see why each one has their fans and detractors (but can't be bothered to go into deeper detail at the moment). Don't worry about being able to follow the story, all of the games in the series are self contained, though I-III and IV-VI are technically trilogies and do share a few story points within each trilogy, but it's all stuff that you have to pay close attention to even notice for the most part.
"Never underestimate this place's ability to talk about stupid crap and it's willingness to do so." -Tildepon
MHGen: Wren - HR7 Bow main; learning HH

MrAero
3 months ago#8
Had no idea that DQ8 was a better entry point than 7 so that's good to know. Only DQ game I've played is Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker which I struggled to get into but that was when I was a fair bit younger.

Will check out Planet Robobot for definite then and where is Woolly World on sale?
Switch/PS4/3DS owner.

User Info: GeekyDad

GeekyDad
3 months ago#9
MrAero posted...
Just a few that I never got round to buying/playing. Looking to get some opinions on them.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - decent, abbreviated FE experience
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (I enjoyed Conquest - is the counterpart worth it?) yes
Ever Oasis - good game if you're in the mood for what it is
Kirby Triple Deluxe - awesome
Kirby Planet Robobot - amazing
Hey Pikmin - solid puzzle platformer
Mario and Luigi Paper Jam - solid, not perfect
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - good, original gameplay. a good addition to any 3DS collection
Pokemon UltraSun (Have Sun - is Ultra worth it or am I better off just waiting for Gen 8 on Switch?)
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Dragon Quest 7 - an acquired taste. I've played most of the mainline games. the pacing dragged for me
Dragon Quest 8 - amazing
Layton's Mystery Journey (Love the Layton series)
Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World - great fun
Metroid Prime Federation Force
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - more AC goodness, but kinda broken because of the island and bug hunting

I responded for the ones I've actually played.
The new GFAQs interface blows a$$!
My 3DS FC: 1418-6769-0538

User Info: GraphG

GraphG
3 months ago#10
I enjoyed Fire Emblem Birthright, Conquest, Revelations. I think all the NA released FE games (except Shadow Dragon) are worth playing. If you started at Conquest, you may not enjoy Birthright as much, but it is a different experience. IMO Conquest was better (it may have been me better understanding the updated game mechanics), but Birthright is certainly still worth playing.

I have not yet played Shadows of Valentia, but I am looking forward to it.
I love GC especially PSO
"HUnewearls are crab infested whores." - Fossil
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Seeking opinions on a few 3DS games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived