My Nintendo help?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. My Nintendo help?

User Info: Supersonic_Pain

Supersonic_Pain
6 months ago#1
Should I buy Retro City Rampage DX with my Gold points or just wait for the next wave?

RCR looks pretty cool, but I want to know if there's a possibility next wave will be better.
Not changing my signature until Saki Amamiya (or Isa Jo) gets into Smash!
Started: January 20th, 2018.

User Info: IrateGameFAQer

IrateGameFAQer
6 months ago#2
how are we supposed to know, we aren't mind readers
"at least be grateful Nintendo isn't charging you right now." -Unknown
Lesson to be learned: Be grateful for mediocrity.

User Info: EmptyTome

EmptyTome
6 months ago#3
Skip it. The game is fun for the first 5 minutes but then it's very tedious. The jokes are fun the first 2 times but then it becomes annoying. I got it in a bundle and got tired of it really quick since there's not much to do.
"...it already existed the day apple release there smart phone, that created the mobile gaming market" - LeoKoo

IrateGameFAQer
6 months ago#4
you must think GTA is tedious then, too, or 99% of open world games, BotW included.

User Info: EmptyTome

EmptyTome
6 months ago#5
IrateGameFAQer posted...
you must think GTA is tedious then, too, or 99% of open world games, BotW included.

That...makes no sense.
"...it already existed the day apple release there smart phone, that created the mobile gaming market" - LeoKoo

IrateGameFAQer
6 months ago#6
EmptyTome posted...
IrateGameFAQer posted...

That...makes no sense.

it does, and you obviously never bothered to play those games if you think RCR is "tedious."

you flat out STATE there's not much to do in RCR, and that's a god damn lie.

User Info: PolkaGnome

PolkaGnome
6 months ago#7
If you're a fan of GTA 1 and 2 it's probably worth it, as it plays very similar to how they did (at least what I can recall of GTA1+2), but I'm not the biggest fan myself (only GTA game I really got into was Vice City). I've tried getting into it (RCR) and just can't; it's not a bad game, but it's not for me.
"Never underestimate this place's ability to talk about stupid crap and it's willingness to do so." -Tildepon
MHGen: Wren - HR7 Bow main; learning HH

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
6 months ago#8
You should definitely get it. It's not tedious or boring. There's a lot of variety, there's things to collect, you can always just go around causing mayhem like in a GTA game. If you grew up in the 80's or even the 90's there's a ton of references to make you chuckle.

I wouldn't take the opinion of someone who played a 3 to 4 hour game for 5 whole minutes and calls it tedious. There's more going on after the first 5 minutes of almost any modern game.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg

User Info: OliviaTremor

OliviaTremor
6 months ago#9
IrateGameFAQer posted...
EmptyTome posted...
IrateGameFAQer posted...

That...makes no sense.

it does, and you obviously never bothered to play those games if you think RCR is "tedious."

you flat out STATE there's not much to do in RCR, and that's a god damn lie.

I enjoy GTA, Saints Row and a bunch of other open world games and think Retro City is boring and tedious too. It's almost like some open world games are really good and some are not great! Your post is idiotic.
Notyou

IrateGameFAQer
6 months ago#10
how's it idiotic?

Those, and most open world games have the same types of tedium. Some games obviously execute it better, I never said they didn't but that idiotic poster claims there wasn't much to do in RCR, which is a lie, and barely played 5 minutes.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. My Nintendo help?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived