Which of these to play, and which to skip?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which of these to play, and which to skip?

User Info: Blue Bomber 99

Blue Bomber 99
3 months ago#11
MRW1215 posted...
Blue Bomber 99 posted...

Just curious, what is it about Paper Jam you haven't really gotten into? I'm only asking because I've been in the exact same situation as you, I played it for a little bit and it just never really clicked. I'm thinking it's kind of the linear/predictable progression of the game? It feels more like you are playing levels that involve RPG battles than actually playing an RPG.

I'm honestly not sure. There are little things I'm not into, like the giant paper craft battles (though those have only happened a couple times) or the sections of having to find Toads. More than that, the story and the overall world just doesn't feel that interesting or charming to me. The settings all feel kind of bland and uninspired, and it doesn't make me want to look around and explore and stuff.

That's exactly the way I felt about it, but I just coiuldn't find the right words to articulate it, thanks for sharing!

User Info: GraphG

GraphG
2 months ago#12
I would prioritize Tales of the Abyss. I hadn't played a tales game since Symphonia on GCN. Abyss is really great
I love GC especially PSO
"HUnewearls are crab infested whores." - Fossil

User Info: Rittu

Rittu
2 months ago#13
Play Tales, it's fun. Play an hour or two of it and you'll most likely be hooked by the story.

SMT4 has a really slow/difficult beginning. Don't let that fool you though, the game is amazing. Nothing better than running around apocalyptic Tokyo while fighting demons. There are also really interesting scenes and you run into a bunch of interesting characters who meet various fates.
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, SMT Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which of these to play, and which to skip?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived