Which of these to play, and which to skip?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which of these to play, and which to skip?

User Info: MRW1215

MRW1215
6 months ago#1
I kinda ended up with a little backlog of 3DS games over the years, and I've kind of resigned to the idea that I'll probably not end up playing some of them. Trying to figure out which to play/ prioritize, and which to forget about. Of the unplayed/ unfinished games, I have:

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (never played the original, this one caught my eye)
Majora's Mask
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
Tales Of The Abyss
SMTIV

I definitely want to play Majora's Mask at some point. I started Paper Jam not too long ago because I had the itch for a Mario RPG, but I'm not really enjoying it that much for whatever reason. I bought Tales when it came out because I'm big into RPGs, and I loved Symphonia and missed Abyss when it first came out, but then it just got backlogged, and I've kind of become disenchanted with the Tales series. I got SMTIV when it first came out, and I played it for a few hours, but struggled a bit and lost interest (only other game I'd played before was Persona 3, which I know is just a spin-off of SMT).
https://www.youtube.com/RatedM477
New videos every weekday at 4PM ET!

User Info: denniedarko

denniedarko
6 months ago#2
If you aren’t enjoying Paper Jam, kick it out. Everything else I would play.
trevor something does not exist

User Info: TheMKDestroyer

TheMKDestroyer
6 months ago#3
Prioritize Tales of the Abyss and Majora's Mask.

User Info: bigtim777

bigtim777
6 months ago#4
Tales of.

SMT4 is good too.
Mutton, fresh mutton!

User Info: Raccoon1988

Raccoon1988
6 months ago#5
Dark moon is probably the first game i enjoy despite the fact that 2ds screen is so small.
Yo-kai Watch
Cuteness is Justice!!!

User Info: AlphaDrogon

AlphaDrogon
6 months ago#6
Dark Moon is such an underrated game.
Honestly has one of the best (if not the best) graphics for a 3DS game
The controls are smooth, the gameplay is terrific and Luigi is just such a bro
"...cold as the breath of the ice dragon."
http://i.imgur.com/iOnPg0H.gif

User Info: OliviaTremor

OliviaTremor
6 months ago#7
Luigi's Mansion, easily.
Notyou

User Info: Zanimar

Zanimar
6 months ago#8
MRW1215 posted...
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (never played the original, this one caught my eye) Play
Majora's Mask Play
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam I'd say play but if you aren't enjoying it, then skip
Tales Of The Abyss Play
SMTIV This is iffy. I'd say play but only if you like dungeon crawlers with monster collecting.
PSN - Ruxl
Steam - Renryuu

User Info: Blue Bomber 99

Blue Bomber 99
6 months ago#9
I'd say play ToA and MM.

Just curious, what is it about Paper Jam you haven't really gotten into? I'm only asking because I've been in the exact same situation as you, I played it for a little bit and it just never really clicked. I'm thinking it's kind of the linear/predictable progression of the game? It feels more like you are playing levels that involve RPG battles than actually playing an RPG.

User Info: MRW1215

MRW1215
6 months ago#10
Blue Bomber 99 posted...

Just curious, what is it about Paper Jam you haven't really gotten into? I'm only asking because I've been in the exact same situation as you, I played it for a little bit and it just never really clicked. I'm thinking it's kind of the linear/predictable progression of the game? It feels more like you are playing levels that involve RPG battles than actually playing an RPG.

I'm honestly not sure. There are little things I'm not into, like the giant paper craft battles (though those have only happened a couple times) or the sections of having to find Toads. More than that, the story and the overall world just doesn't feel that interesting or charming to me. The settings all feel kind of bland and uninspired, and it doesn't make me want to look around and explore and stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/RatedM477
New videos every weekday at 4PM ET!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which of these to play, and which to skip?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived