When will the 3DS die out?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. When will the 3DS die out?

User Info: maoriwarrior

maoriwarrior
3 months ago#1
Even with the imminent takeover of the switch, when do you suspect this handheld will die?

I foresee it going to 2020 myself. Reason for that is sales keep increasing, even alongside that of the switch. Developers are looking to develop for both the switch and 3ds.

What are your thoughts?
XBL: DiscipleOfFir3
"Stay in the I am"-Nisargadatta Maharaj

User Info: SymphonicGlory

SymphonicGlory
3 months ago#2
First party stuff will probably die off this year, but third party stuff may last until 2019, maybe 2020 at the latest.
FC: 5112-4220-0277

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
3 months ago#3
SymphonicGlory posted...
First party stuff will probably die off this year, but third party stuff may last until 2019, maybe 2020 at the latest.

My thoughts exactly.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

User Info: maoriwarrior

maoriwarrior
3 months ago#4
ThatSageGuy posted...
SymphonicGlory posted...

My thoughts exactly.

I hope that Nintendo will launch main titles on the switch and use the 2DS for various Jrpgs and whatnot. Then the two systems would definitely coincide
XBL: DiscipleOfFir3
"Stay in the I am"-Nisargadatta Maharaj

User Info: Indrasarrow123

Indrasarrow123
3 months ago#5
maoriwarrior posted...
ThatSageGuy posted...
SymphonicGlory posted...

My thoughts exactly.

I hope that Nintendo will launch main titles on the switch and use the 2DS for various Jrpgs and whatnot. Then the two systems would definitely coincide

Horrible idea. Let the 3DS die out and just have everything on the switch. No need to limit anything, no need for anything to coincide. It’s over. Let’s just move forward
Official Rinnegan Sasuke of the Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 board.

User Info: outworld222

outworld222
3 months ago#6
Indrasarrow123 posted...
maoriwarrior posted...
ThatSageGuy posted...
SymphonicGlory posted...

My thoughts exactly.

Horrible idea. Let the 3DS die out and just have everything on the switch. No need to limit anything, no need for anything to coincide. It’s over. Let’s just move forward

No. Switch is a tablet at best for handheld mode. Unless there is an unforeseen handheld console, the 3DS shall live.

User Info: Yield2DNuggetry

Yield2DNuggetry
3 months ago#7
I dont see anything big past 2018. Its time a Pokemon game isnt released for the 3ds. Its reached its limits with Ultra Sun.

User Info: TheSystemFailed

TheSystemFailed
3 months ago#8
Who cares when it dies? It is home to some of the greatest games ever made. The library of games is very large and there is plenty of stuff to play. The people who want this system to die so badly cannot take that away from us. I see Switch as a successor......but it still needs some more retail games that are original and not ports of stuff I've already played on 360, Xbox One, and Wii U.
Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSystemFailed
3DS Friend Code 1092-2676-3451 USA East Coast

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
3 months ago#9
Can't say when the system does, but you can have my 3DS when you pry it from my co-- *remembers how well that line worked in Men in Black* Uh, nice day we're having today, no?
A gentleman will walk, but never run

User Info: ZatchBell

ZatchBell
3 months ago#10
Nintendo will cut back support after 2018. Keep in mind 3ds/2ds is the only budget priced system on the market. Most consumers will not spend $300 on a console. 3ds will probably get it's last few release in 2019.
Sega Fan for Life
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. When will the 3DS die out?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived