Would I like Kirby's Dream Land 2 for Game Boy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Would I like Kirby's Dream Land 2 for Game Boy?

User Info: Duncanwii

Duncanwii
4 weeks ago#1
They have a 13 dollar copy at my used game store. From the research I've done it doesn't have copy abilities just Kirby's animal friends? Is that fun?
Currently playing on SNES Classic: Super Mario Kart, Earthbound, Donkey Kong Country.
I broke up with my girlfriend so please stop asking me about it!

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
4 weeks ago#2
Dream land 1 is the only main series game that doesn't have copy abilities. It was also the very first game in the series, so I guess they didn't think of it in time.

Dream land 2 is your standard kirby game, like kirbys adventure, or spring breeze from super star. So the question is, do you like standard kirby platformers?
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
4 weeks ago#3
Dream Land 2 was the first game to have copy abilities, actually.
Edit: Ninga'd by Sage.

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
4 weeks ago#4
Seacliff217 posted...

No, Kirby's Adventure was the first to feature his signature ability. It was released roughly 2 years before Dream land 2.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/games/franchise/449-kirby
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

User Info: quittaboi78

quittaboi78
4 weeks ago#5
There are Copy Abilities in it, but there's less of them and the focus is on combining them with the animals to create new versions of the powers. There's also more of a focus on puzzle-solving rather than straight-up action, since you have to find a Rainbow Drop in each world in order to fight the true final boss. That said, it does feel more like a sequel to the original Kirby's Adventure rather than Kirby's Dream Land, but it's part of a trilogy of Kirby games directed by Shinichi Shimomura instead of Masahiro Sakurai (the others being Dream Land 3 & Kirby 64), and the difference shows. Good if you want a change of pace in your Kirby platformers.

Also, a physical copy is recommended, since it's one of the few Game Boy games with full Super Game Boy support (yes, it's not just for Pokemon). Nintendo never emulated it.
Whoever started using the word "canon" in this context, anyway?
I hear it all the time now, and I'd like to slap him. - Green Gibbon!

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
4 weeks ago#6
ThatSageGuy posted...
Seacliff217 posted...

No, Kirby's Adventure was the first to feature his signature ability. It was released roughly 2 years before Dream land 2.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/games/franchise/449-kirby

Damn, it was released in 1995?
NM then.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Would I like Kirby's Dream Land 2 for Game Boy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived