So I can't system transfer from a N3dsxl to a 3ds XL? ( Need help )

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So I can't system transfer from a N3dsxl to a 3ds XL? ( Need help )

User Info: TheSystemFailed

TheSystemFailed
4 weeks ago#11
Yep. Can't go back to older version 9f the hardware. And you have to wait 7 days between system transfers.
Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSystemFailed
3DS Friend Code 1092-2676-3451 USA East Coast

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
4 weeks ago#12
ThatSageGuy posted...
The reason is because some software (like the snes vc games or xenoblade) only work on the "new" models. So if someone bought a game like xenoblade digitally, then transferred back to an older model, well you can bet some people would complain that the games they bought no longer work. So the whole thing is to prevent that from happening. It may sound stupid, but I can definitely see that happening a lot.

SSJ2__Gohan posted...
However, I also believe they can only do a system tranfer if you have nothing N3DS-exclusive on your account, or are OK with losing it. A regular 3DS can't save that information.

So... is there a consensus on this? If ninty won't allow the latter, then that's a dick move on their part since there's no discernible reason to disallow it.

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
4 weeks ago#13
I think you can contact them and have them do it. But you just can't transfer from new-old yourself.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
4 weeks ago#14
desuno-to posted...
ThatSageGuy posted...
The reason is because some software (like the snes vc games or xenoblade) only work on the "new" models. So if someone bought a game like xenoblade digitally, then transferred back to an older model, well you can bet some people would complain that the games they bought no longer work. So the whole thing is to prevent that from happening. It may sound stupid, but I can definitely see that happening a lot.

SSJ2__Gohan posted...
However, I also believe they can only do a system tranfer if you have nothing N3DS-exclusive on your account, or are OK with losing it. A regular 3DS can't save that information.

So... is there a consensus on this? If ninty won't allow the latter, then that's a dick move on their part since there's no discernible reason to disallow it.

How's it a dick move?
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
4 weeks ago#15
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
From what I can remember, you can do a system transfer to an older system, just not manually. You need to contact Nintendo, and they'll send over your account. The N3DS's system transfer is simply incompatible with the regular 3DS's due to some differences in the process thanks to N3DS-exclusive stuff, even if you have none of that on your system.

That isn't a system transfer, it is an NNID unlink. System transfer migrates your save data and console settings, and NNID unlink makes you lose that.

The only way to do a transfer in that direction and keep your data is with a modified system.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88

User Info: Blue Bomber 99

Blue Bomber 99
4 weeks ago#16
ThatSageGuy posted...
I think you can contact them and have them do it. But you just can't transfer from new-old yourself.

Never done it myself, but I think I recall reading this as well that if you call them they can at least transfer some parts back.

User Info: mcquizx

mcquizx
3 weeks ago#17
Well in case anyone was wondering. GameStop couldn't do a system transfer so my only solution was to call Nintendo and have them unlink the Nintendo I'd. ( Which was easier then I thought. Lady was very nice ) I just lost all my saves for digital games but that's okay.

And I actually made out better doing this..I gave them my black n3ds and they gave me a Hyrule gold. And I'm a huggggge Zelda fan so I'm kinda glad the black one was broke hehehe
3ds FC : 4613 - 7728 - 0653
Xbox GT Hiiipower swag
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So I can't system transfer from a N3dsxl to a 3ds XL? ( Need help )

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived