So I can't system transfer from a N3dsxl to a 3ds XL? ( Need help )

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So I can't system transfer from a N3dsxl to a 3ds XL? ( Need help )

User Info: mcquizx

mcquizx
4 weeks ago#1
So basically awhile ago I upgraded from using my 3ds XL to the new 3ds xl. I bought it at GameStop and got the 2 yr warranty..well I didn't play it much because it was basically free with a b2g1 sale and said why not get something worthwhile with my PS4..

So I've been playing it and noticed when I close it sometimes it'll shut off instead of sleeping ( seems to only happen when I don't want it to because I can keep opening and closing it right now and it's not happening) and I was going to do the warranty thing but when I tried I couldn't put my transfer back to the old 3ds..

So basically long story short what's my best way to make sure I can keep my Nintendo account and all the games since I can't transfer it over and I need to give them the N3ds for another one...?

Sorry it's such a long topic I just got in the zone...hope someone reads this :v
3ds FC : 4613 - 7728 - 0653
Xbox GT Hiiipower swag

User Info: optimusprimal12

optimusprimal12
4 weeks ago#2
Once you do a system transfer from an old 3ds to a New 3ds, its impossible to go back. It even says it when you do the transfer from the old to the new one. sorry
Friend zone - dragon(dragonair, Sliggoo, Fraxure)
3ds friend code : 1289-8206-4523 IGN optimus

mcquizx
4 weeks ago#3
Damn..any idea if GameStop will do a system transfer right ther for me?
Xbox GT Hiiipower swag

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
4 weeks ago#4
They SHOULD do the transfer, as they gave you a faulty system and you're entitled to a refund as well. I haven't asked them to do it myself though.

Also, if you think you posted a lot, you haven't seen some of my posts when I really want to talk about something. Those...sometimes reach the character limit and I have to revise my post.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
4 weeks ago#5
optimusprimal12 posted...
Once you do a system transfer from an old 3ds to a New 3ds, its impossible to go back. It even says it when you do the transfer from the old to the new one. sorry

That a pretty dumb rule unless there was some technological reason. Did they ever explain the rationale behind this?

mcquizx
4 weeks ago#6
Meteordragon10 posted...
They SHOULD do the transfer, as they gave you a faulty system and you're entitled to a refund as well. I haven't asked them to do it myself though.

Also, if you think you posted a lot, you haven't seen some of my posts when I really want to talk about something. Those...sometimes reach the character limit and I have to revise my post.

Thanks man good to know and lol about character limit
desuno-to posted...

That a pretty dumb rule unless there was some technological reason. Did they ever explain the rationale behind this?

All I can think is if you had a game like binding of Isaac or something..it wouldn't be able to move to a 3ds...

Anyway anyone else have experience with GameStop transfers?
Xbox GT Hiiipower swag

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
4 weeks ago#7
A system transfer requires at least three things: accessible broadband internet, which GameStop may or may not have, two systems on the latest firmware, and time.

Call up your local Gamestop and ask them if you are able to do a system transfer in the store while exchanging a product using your warranty. Not all Gamestop locations have accessible broadband, which means any system they exchange can't be checked by Nintendo's servers to see it it's on the latest firmware.

Even if they do let you, be sure to bring a screwdriver to swap the micro SD card at the end of the transfer process. Do not expect Gamestop to have one you can use.

Good luck!
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.

User Info: SSJ2__Gohan

SSJ2__Gohan
4 weeks ago#8
From what I can remember, you can do a system transfer to an older system, just not manually. You need to contact Nintendo, and they'll send over your account. The N3DS's system transfer is simply incompatible with the regular 3DS's due to some differences in the process thanks to N3DS-exclusive stuff, even if you have none of that on your system.

However, I also believe they can only do a system tranfer if you have nothing N3DS-exclusive on your account, or are OK with losing it. A regular 3DS can't save that information.

User Info: Aaron44126

Aaron44126
4 weeks ago#9
You can call Nintendo to have them do it as mentioned above, but that will only transfer your purchases, not your game saves.

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
4 weeks ago#10
@desuno-to posted...

The reason is because some software (like the snes vc games or xenoblade) only work on the "new" models. So if someone bought a game like xenoblade digitally, then transferred back to an older model, well you can bet some people would complain that the games they bought no longer work. So the whole thing is to prevent that from happening. It may sound stupid, but I can definitely see that happening a lot.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So I can't system transfer from a N3dsxl to a 3ds XL? ( Need help )

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived