System transfer on "free to start" games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. System transfer on "free to start" games

User Info: Inhuman-Art

Inhuman-Art
6 months ago#1
So after a massive headache/obsession on how to get a 256 gb card to work on the 3ds without hax and to fix a very common stability and theme error, I've lost Pokemon rumble world and it's entire gem system. The diamond digger, etc. Smash Bros reset due to the nand memory it sits in (lbx as well) and Rusty's real deal. Kirby stuck but after going the rounds with Ninty and getting a credit of 35 bucks, (little more than I'd spent but I had 11k diamonds and it didn't really matter)
I'm curious. During the call, and in the manual, it states diamonds do not transfer. The rep and supervisor also stated that during a system transfer you lose the entire games progress, digital in app purchases as they don't save as dlc, but to the nand memory of the system.

Has anyone transferred to the new 2ds (a lot of people bought it so I'd assume someone transferred and may have these games) did you keep all the mini games in Rusty's real deal, diamonds and the digger in Pokemon world, and the apples in Kirby(as well as the tree and fragments)

Sub diver and that tps shooter all have re-download buttons and treat in apps like actual dlc but these other games save to nand. curious about smash bros as well.

Thanks!
Conceptual Artist and Avid Gamer

User Info: Kira_Elric2

Kira_Elric2
6 months ago#2
I've done multiple system transfers since Pokemon Rumble World released, and I have never once lost any of the diamonds I've collected. Same with Pokemon Picross. didn't lose anything.

Inhuman-Art
5 months ago#3
Kira_Elric2 posted...
I've done multiple system transfers since Pokemon Rumble World released, and I have never once lost any of the diamonds I've collected. Same with Pokemon Picross. didn't lose anything.

What about Rusty's real deal or the diamond digger in PKW?

User Info: Kira_Elric2

Kira_Elric2
5 months ago#4
I've not done anything with Rusty's, but I have kept the Diamond Digger in Pokemon Rumble World.

I honestly have no idea why they say any of that, when that's literally never happened to me. I guess it's there as a means to cover their ass should something go wrong in the transfer process.

Inhuman-Art
5 months ago#5
Thanks much! I lost my world save and they did compensate me, however I don't want to buy it without some info. Read other places no problems but nothing on the digger. Perhaps I'll play it awhile and transfer first to see what happens.

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
5 months ago#6
This situation is why I told you about tools to back up your own save files. All of the games you mentioned save to SD card. Thus the saves will transfer if you properly migrate the data.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
5 months ago#7
Inhuman-Art posted...
Kira_Elric2 posted...

What about Rusty's real deal or the diamond digger in PKW?

I did a system transfer for a fully paid off rusty, and all it does it unlock the game on your new system.

You don't even have to go through the story again.
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

Inhuman-Art
5 months ago#8
bungiefan posted...
This situation is why I told you about tools to back up your own save files. All of the games you mentioned save to SD card. Thus the saves will transfer if you properly migrate the data.

Actually they save to the internal nand, have to use a tool to recover it. Found out smash is also tied to nand. If you ha PK world on two SD cards and delete it from one, it will delete it from both. Very weird. But yea huge post i made on how to get a 256 to work with the system, had to get that running prior to doing any backing up process haha. Just it deleted the data just upgrading memory cards, honestly legit users are just fine with proper backing up. Non legit on a few games, smash can be recovered but Pokemon world is different once it corrupts. You have to hack yourself back to normal.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. System transfer on "free to start" games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived