I bought DQ8 a couple days ago but now I can't download free DLC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I bought DQ8 a couple days ago but now I can't download free DLC?

User Info: gbpackers

gbpackers
6 months ago#1
So I got this game after making a topic on this board and recommendations from other posters that this game is definitely better than Bravely Second but now I play up to the point where I could get the DLC but everytime it gives me an error?

Any way to fix/solve this?

Thanks.
Arizona Cardinals cheated in the OT game. The coin flipping controversy as well. We've been cheated by the NFL. - 2016

User Info: jopatura

jopatura
6 months ago#2
The DQ games have time specific DLC unfortunately. Once they distribute it a few times, it gets shut off. I believe most of the DLC in DQ8 was just special weapons and didn't actually contribute to the gameplay as far as the storyline goes.
http://backloggery.com/Saylii

gbpackers
6 months ago#3
jopatura posted...
The DQ games have time specific DLC unfortunately. Once they distribute it a few times, it gets shut off. I believe most of the DLC in DQ8 was just special weapons and didn't actually contribute to the gameplay as far as the storyline goes.

I heard DQ7's DLC is still there permanently but I'm not 100% sure though. Will there be a chance the special weapons/DLC come back for DQ8 in the near future? The game isn't that old to discontinue DLCs...
Arizona Cardinals cheated in the OT game. The coin flipping controversy as well. We've been cheated by the NFL. - 2016

User Info: jopatura

jopatura
6 months ago#4
gbpackers posted...
jopatura posted...

I heard DQ7's DLC is still there permanently but I'm not 100% sure though. Will there be a chance the special weapons/DLC come back for DQ8 in the near future? The game isn't that old to discontinue DLCs...

DQ7 had some story DLC that’s there permanently, but the optional ones have been long gone. The DLC hasn’t come back out in the past once it goes bye bye but who knows they may decide to do a dump one day.
http://backloggery.com/Saylii

gbpackers
6 months ago#5
jopatura posted...
gbpackers posted...
jopatura posted...

DQ7 had some story DLC that’s there permanently, but the optional ones have been long gone. The DLC hasn’t come back out in the past once it goes bye bye but who knows they may decide to do a dump one day.

Damn it lol

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
6 months ago#6
jopatura posted...
gbpackers posted...
jopatura posted...

All the DQVII tablet DLC is available, after it cycled through it all they made it all available.
Connect online and you can choose whatever of the 60ish tablets you want to download.

Not sure why they don't cycle through DQVIII's again.
Courage and wit have served thee well. Thou hast been promoted to the next level.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1126-dragon-quest-general

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
6 months ago#7
There is nothing more f***ng stupid than Time limited DLC.

Nintendo should make it a condition developing for their systems. “All DLC paid or free is either up until the servers go down or not at all”
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: colt85

colt85
6 months ago#8
pikachupwnage posted...
There is nothing more f***ng stupid than Time limited DLC.

Nintendo should make it a condition developing for their systems. “All DLC paid or free is either up until the servers go down or not at all”

It's an incentive to get the game at launch instead buying it later used or after a price drop.
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
3DS (2294 6040 1182) NNID (Calkubo)

User Info: helldew

helldew
6 months ago#9
DQVIIs is really annoying cause tablet dungeons cylcing just sucks. i wish they seperated downloaded tablets from your own creations and let you download them all. i dont care if i even needed to cycle after. the way it is now is just annoying.
Competitive smash Player , random gaming news, + game dev stuff. Follow me on twitter @helldew93 #shamelessselfpromotion

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
6 months ago#10
helldew posted...
DQVIIs is really annoying cause tablet dungeons cylcing just sucks. i wish they seperated downloaded tablets from your own creations and let you download them all. i dont care if i even needed to cycle after. the way it is now is just annoying.

They're all available to download now.
Unless you mean increasing the cap of tablets you can hold, cause 24 or w/e it is isn't cutting it.
Granted, most are meant to be a one and done, recruit everything you can, fight the boss for the drop, and toss the tablet.
Courage and wit have served thee well. Thou hast been promoted to the next level.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1126-dragon-quest-general
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I bought DQ8 a couple days ago but now I can't download free DLC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived