Is there no of linking my existing NNID to my new 3ds?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is there no of linking my existing NNID to my new 3ds?

User Info: sezra

sezra
4 weeks ago#1
It says its still registered to my old 3ds which i dont have access to anymore.

I have loads of games linked to that NNID... is there no way of linking it to my new system?
Main pawn = Eve - lvl 31 warrior - PSN My-Mojito
Alt pawn = Eveline - lvl 200 strider - PSN Gore_Cyclops

User Info: JKSonic

JKSonic
4 weeks ago#2
Yes call Nintendo with all your info. They'll verify your information and ask you to name some of the games you purchased previously...then you wait about two days for the transfer to go through and all your games will be in the re-downloadable section.

I've done this multiple times and since my 2DS XL looks to have just died after being less than a month old will be doing it tomorrow too.
FC 3DS: 3798 - 2009 - 6280
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
4 weeks ago#3
NNIDs can only be linked to one console of each family at a time, and the link is on the server. If you don't own the system to do the transfer, the only other option is to call or email Nintendo to have them unlink it on their server so you can use it with a new system.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88

sezra
4 weeks ago#4
JKSonic posted...
Yes call Nintendo with all your info. They'll verify your information and ask you to name some of the games you purchased previously...then you wait about two days for the transfer to go through and all your games will be in the re-downloadable section.

I've done this multiple times and since my 2DS XL looks to have just died after being less than a month old will be doing it tomorrow too.

I emailed them yesterday with my details and had a response this morning saying my NNID could now be linked to my new system.

The whole process took less than 10hrs

I wonder why it takes 2 days if you phone them?

Also, where is the re-downloadable section? I cant seem to find it in the eshop

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
4 weeks ago#5
You can redownload your things by going into the E-shop, scrolling left to Settings/Other, going to Redownloadable Software, and then clicking on Your Downloads.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

sezra
4 weeks ago#6
Meteordragon10 posted...
You can redownload your things by going into the E-shop, scrolling left to Settings/Other, going to Redownloadable Software, and then clicking on Your Downloads.

Cheers mate.

User Info: denniedarko

denniedarko
4 weeks ago#7
sezra posted...
JKSonic posted...

I emailed them yesterday with my details and had a response this morning saying my NNID could now be linked to my new system.

The whole process took less than 10hrs

I wonder why it takes 2 days if you phone them?

Also, where is the re-downloadable section? I cant seem to find it in the eshop

It can take up to 2 days, is what I was told when I did it. But I was good to go before I was even off the phone with Nintendo support.
trevor something does not exist
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is there no of linking my existing NNID to my new 3ds?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived